Retrofit LED headlights or LED bulbs

I think I've found the Kodia I can afford with the specs I wanted, but the only thing missing are the LED headlights. I was wondering if anyone retrofitted them, or if there are safe LED bulbs to use? I tried some LED bulbs a long time ago on a Vauxhall Astra, but they were not good. I guess is still the same with any aftermarket LED bulb fitted into an halogen headlight? 

4 hours ago, Nearlybald said:

I guess is still the same with any aftermarket LED bulb fitted into an halogen headlight? 

Good guess; LEDs are both illegal and ineffectual in halogen reflectors.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nearlybald said:

Is there any alternative?

Latest version Osram NightBreakers; they'll only put range up by about 10% but that's the way lights work.

• Like 1

Wait for the right Kodiaq to come along. Avoid the SE and find an SE L with standard LED headlights.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I have an SE with halogen lights.  Osram Nightbreakers plus proper alignment has made a lot of difference as they tend to be aligned very low from the factory.  I did contemplate replacing the lights with Osram H7 LEDs that are road legal and certified in other countries but haven't actually been that bothered now the OE Halogens are properly set up. 

Edited by skomaz
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...