Karoq 2021

bashwell

Hi

I have a 2021 Karoq,now 3 years old, and I understand the alarm system has its own power source, as said  in the owner manual.

Is this power source a removable battery, or is it more complicated than that?

I don’t want to be stuck one day with an alarm system playing up if its possible to replace

The power source before it becomes a problem; as I think I read that they can have very different 

Life spans.

My first post on this forum; be gentle with me!

Posted (edited)

Hi, interested in any responses as I’ve a 2020 Karoq and have never heard of this. 

Edited by BTandSid

Have you tried a search on the forum?

I'd guess that all models use a similar alarm unit - from what I've read, the unit is sealed and the self-contained battery is soldered onto the PCB. It appears that the alarm unit is not intended to be a serviceable item.

Replacing the battery appears to require cutting open the unit, and de-soldering the old battery - but there is a possibility that the PCB suffers damage if the battery electrolyte leaks.