Chrome ring on one of the heater/AC knobs missing.

Posted (edited)

I have the chrome ring missing, and I was wondering if these were available separately at all anywhere. It seems that everyone wants to sell me a complete module which I don't need or want as the chrome ring is just snap fit onto the control knob?

chromering.jpg.beb82319d65f8c1740cc1fcf40e2b89c.jpg

Edited by Graham Butcher

There's a few second hand full panels on ebay for less than £20...   Might be worth a shot to prize a ring off with a couple of spares. 

All the panels that are certain to have the correct rings and knobs are £65 and up, but there are some Octavia panels, while not identical the chrome rings may fit, but I'm wondering if the rings/knobs may be of different diameter?

3 hours ago, Graham Butcher said:

I have the chrome ring missing, and I was wondering if these were available separately at all anywhere. It seems that everyone wants to sell me a complete module which I don't need or want as the chrome ring is just snap fit onto the control knob?

chromering.jpg.beb82319d65f8c1740cc1fcf40e2b89c.jpg

That looks like my hand in that photo :D

They arent available seperately, but you could find a cheap panel and take them from it.

I may have a spare panel i can sell you cheap but wont be able to check till next weekend now.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ApertureS said:

They arent available seperately, but you could find a cheap panel and take them from it.

I may have a spare panel i can sell you cheap but wont be able to check till next weekend now.

There is a good reason why it looks like your hand..because it is, I did a cheeky crop of your photo to save me having to take one of my car 😉.

There is a Octavia panel going pretty cheaply on eBay that looks like its the same panel but without the heated seats option. I may make an offer on it and see if they are the same size rings. There is a good chance on them being identical, as that's what VW group do, raid the parts bin as much as possible.

• Cheeky 1

13 hours ago, ApertureS said:

I put an offer on one of the Octavia panels, looks to be same but minus the heated seats option. The offer has been accepted so now I have to wait for it to arrive👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Graham Butcher said:

I put an offer on one of the Octavia panels, looks to be same but minus the heated seats option. The offer has been accepted so now I have to wait for it to arrive👍

Hopefully my middle knob will have its chrome back soon. 17167989477716049208329493623371.thumb.jpg.9215368a6212a0165a44d566ffc7511d.jpg