ICE for VRS

shugz

Hi, a bit new to all this so bear with me...thanks!

I used to have a TDi Octavia as a taxi (arrrgghh!) but have seen the error of my ways and now own a VRS. Thought the TDi was a fine car but nothing compared to the VRS.

Anyway, to the point, I read in another posting that one of the few flaws with the VRS was the in-car entertainment system. I also think it's pretty crap but not sure on which way to go in terms of a replacement set up.

Any views and/ or recommendations on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Shugz

I replaced the head unit and cd changer with Kenwood stuff and it sounds a lot better than the original.

The people who fitted it wouldn't do the speakers at the same time as they reckon that replacing the head unit etc is usually enough, so far I would agree with them. It's cheaper too !!

Mine was a Grundig, so you would be limited to the same make to be able to control the changer :(

I have now bought 2 different cd head units and changers, a MD head unit and changer, a single CD head unit and a load of speakers from these people www.mcs-direct.co.uk. They are incredibly cheap eg the single CD head unit was

All that I did was change the head unit and autochanger, fit a decent JBL amp and 10" sub. (Doesn't have to be MaxPower! to appreciate what genuine and subtle bass can do for the overall sound)

If you disconnect the nasty little speakers in the rear doors the sound is excellent and only spending about