Hi all!

cokey

Hi everybody!

I'm Cokey from Stoke-on-Trent and have just signed up to the forum today. I have an Octavia 2.0 TDi Sport in silver.

Previously had an Octavia 2.0 FSi Elegance Estate in pearl black but wanted more torque for towing with.

Looking forward to joining in with the banter. :thumbup:

Welcome to Briskoda. :D It would be interesting to hear your thoughts on the differences in driving the 2 cars.

I liked the FSi estate but had to have the clutch and flywheel replaced at only 5000 miles. Along with a few other niggly problems, I never really settled with it and decided to swap it for the TDi Sport.

On my estate, I found the gearbox to be more notchy than the Sport and sometime had problems selecting first gear. It was a nice car to drive and surprisingly very good on fuel when towing particularly as it's a petrol.

Having had the Sport for 4 months now, I much prefer it and wish that I'd gone for it in the first place. Better at handling and more stable than the estate when towing. On a recent run to Cornwall, managed to get 31 mpg with a 1200kg van on the back.

Once the lean on the front offside is sorted, I will be very happy.