Skip to content

Dsg / mechatronics reliability

Featured Replies

I currently have an early MK3 scout manual and it's been great but I'm looking at newer cars

Alot of newer cars and all post 2019 4x4 cars seem to be dsg

Read a lot online about reliability issues with mechatronics etc ,some say certain box types are better than others but in reality what sort of percentage fail ?

Looking at keeping car long term

I currently have a DQ250 (six speed wet cutch) in my Golf, and had the same box in my previous Octavia - both 100% reliable 👍

Also have a DQ200 in our Polo (seven speed dry clutch, not that you'll see one of these in a Scout) - faultless over the 40k+ miles and seven years we've had it 👍

Gaz

  • Author

Good to know ,I think the bigger cars have the 250 / 381 boxes ?

Vag must of sold hundreds of thousands of cars with those boxes in I just don't want to get burnt

They have had 100,s of thosands of sales of DQ381.s. Thousands and thousands of MCU failures world wide within Warranty or out of warranty. What a shame that they choose to ignore that and it is left to other companies to refurbish MCU,s or improve them. It is a lottery sadly, even if the failures are 5% of those manufactured. Tough if you get one of the 5%.

Screenshot 2026-10-04 18.07.14.png

Screenshot 2026-10-04 18.08.29.png

Edited by Evolution13

  • Author

Aye not a cheap fix or something I could do myself so it's putting me off a dsg

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.