Skip to content

Front consul bush which way do they fit Mk1 1.2htp

Featured Replies

Hi Got to change my sons front consul bushes on his mk1 1.2htp and the old bushes are so worn so not sure which way new ones fit. I think the narrow slotted section in rubber is vertical and hex section has to be horizontal but they are offset so is it the narrower side or thicker side that is nearest engine. Photo from internet as example and his are about the same.

Going to replace swing arms etc at same time. Using Febi reinforced bushes.

New suspension arm cost - Skoda Fabia Mk1 (1999-2007) - BRISKODA

Alasdair

  • Sponsor

If your Febi bushes have this lump like the OEM ones, the lump should be on the side nearest the midline of the car.

Screenshot 2026-10-06 210829.png

Do you have any tooling to help press them into place without damage?

Are you aware that on the (UK) driver's side ,with the HTP engines, you have to lift the engine a fair bit to give clearance to get the front bolt out and (preferably new replacement one) back in again?

PITA job which I did recently for the second, and last, time.

  • Author

Cheers pete They do have the bump and I got the tool a while ago. Just never got round to doing them as they werent too bad at the time. MOT soon and reckon its a fail this time as ones knocking slightly and as I already have all parts including new arms might as well do it. Didnt realise had to lift engine but have a cross beam lift as I did the clutch a while back so shouldnt be too difficult. I assume I have to remove engine support and maybe dogbone?

Alasdair

  • Sponsor

I just undid the 4 M8s to release the whole driver's side mount from body, then jacked sump up carefully. If I did it again I think I would also unscrew the dogbone mount to allow easier movement.

Watch out also for the front bolts seizing on their way out. Abort early if this feels like it's happening.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.