3 biming weeks!!

johnjohnhealy

Anyone know of a way to get hold of a part quicker than 3 weeks?

I've been told that the ABS control module I need for my Superb will not be available for 3 weeks, basically I cant be without the car for 3 weeks just to wait for a poxy part, the car drives perfectly so I wouldn't normally be bothered but it's due it's first MOT on Saturday and will fail without the part!

I find it pretty disgusting that Skoda cant get a part for 3 weeks, especially when they aim so much of their marketing at taxi drivers.

Anyone got any ideas? i'll probably phone Skoda UK to vent my anger tomorrow, but i'm sure it wont get me anywhere, they just dont give a t*ss about customers!

does the abs light on the dashboard come on???

Yep, and the ESP light, and the handbrake light flashes, and it beeps annoyingly. other wise i'd have just put some tape over the lights :rolleyes:

I just find it utterly ridiculous that a manufacturer cant get a part for 3 weeks, having worked in the electrical industry, if I needed something for a customer quickly I'd have bypassed the main stores and had something overnighted from the manufacturers, I've never found a company that wouldn't send something out to you.

Yep' date=' and the ESP light, and the handbrake light flashes, and it beeps annoyingly. other wise i'd have just put some tape over the lights :rolleyes:

[/quote']

i was going to say that if the lights weren't comingon the n dont worry about it because it woludn't fail an mot, but if they are on then it needs doing beforehand.

Yes Skoda dealers have the ability to do that too.

If they can be bothered for some ' date=' or if they have the time with others

Sarah[/quote']

According to Saunders Abbot in St Leonards they cant check what anyone else has in stock.

I'm going to try VW, see if there any more helpfull.

Just spoken to Skoda UK, they say he should be able to check all the other dealers, so why wont he?

VW found the part and quoted the exact same price but said he cant order it as it comes up 'brand inhibited' on his computer?

Looks like i'm outa work for 3 weeks then! might just bu**er of on holiday or something!

Lummox - dont suppose you could get your parts man to check part no - 8HO 998 375C by any chance? i'll drive to Scotland if necessary to collect it!

I've tried whats left of the local south east dealers, most of them have closed down!

I really dont fancy phoning every dealer in the country!

Interestingly the VW parts guy reckons that Saunders Abbot in St Leonards lost there dealership status, and so cant call themselves a Skoda dealer, they still have all the signs up though, if thats true then it would explain why they wont try and search for the part!