Cigar lighter sockets.

Bricorn

I use mine to power things; Road Angel, phone charger, etc. But they don't go of with the ignition, so anything plugged into them stays on all the time. :confused: So far I'm just unplugging things when I park - I only got the car this month - but that could get to be a pain very quickly. :mad:

Is there any way to set these to work through the ignition? If not I'll have to wire another cigar lighter socket in that DOES work through the ignition.

It's a new Comfort 2.0 TDI if that matters.

If memory serves me correctly, the speculation was that you could de-power the rear cigar lighter by simply de-activating the automatic rear windows switch on the driver's door. Apparently this is a safety device to stop kids playing with the rear lighter.

Hope that might be of some help.

Thanks all, doesn't help though.

The de-activation switch for the rear windows doesn't affect the sockets, and hiding a socket isn't an option as I need to unplug my road angel every few weeks to update it on the Internet.

Never mind, I'll work something out.