Fabia VRS Star Performance Tuning ?

well32

Can anyone help?

I have just tried resetting my Serial Port Tuning switch back to the normal setting but without success. I cant even get the car to start. ( the tuning port with the push button and the coloured LED's) Any ideas on the correct procedure for resetting this?

Instructions for DPT when using the FIRST time.

Plug in the unit to port and turn on ignition

The amber light will come on, now push and hold till the light flashes , then release the button.

The amber light will flash, leave it until it stops flashing, about 3 mins, when the green light is constant it means it has coded itself to the ECU box and stored the standard map.

Instructions for switching between maps

A light tap on the button will allow you to switch between software, (Green light = Standard software, Red light = Modified) If you select the red light just hold the button in for a moment until it starts to flash, release the button and wait a few minutes for flashing to stop and Green & Red lights to stay on constantly, Turn ignition off and remove unit.

To reload standard software, plug unit back into Diag port and turn ignition on, select green light and press and hold till green light flashes, wait 3 mins for constant green light, turn off ignition and remove unit.

WARNING: DO NOT REMOVE UNIT WHILE LIGHT IS FLASHING

Hope that helps you out ;)

The chances are the problems getting the car started are being caused by something else. Are you getting the correct lights showing when you switch between maps? You would also expect the light on the dashboard to switch from the ECU warning to the traction control warning light as the ECU starts to accept the new data.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Ross

I have no idea what that means unfortunatly, your best bet is to call Jim in the morning at star, I would buzz Brians mobile just now but its a bit late at night.

Did you try the procedure to change back to your original(Standard) map?

Mmmmmmm, looks as if there is a problem then. Its been flashing for about 15 mins !

Oh, dont sound good, I would certainly check with Jim in the morning, He'll sort you out straight away instead of me stabbing in the dark

Good luck and let us know how you get on :thumbup:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of response, have not logged on for ages!

Took the ECU to Star and a chip had to be replaced. Still unable to swap between standard and mapped and I dont want to run the risk of damaging anything else so will arrange to take it to Star and let the experts look at it!