New member Octavia 4x4 - Aye Aye Fitt Like Fae Aberdeenshire !

BENNACHIE 4 X 4

Hi folks , after several Subaru's ( boring Legacy's im afraid ) finally sussed i could by 2 second hand Octavia 1.8t 4 x 4 's for the price Scooby dealer wanted for one low mileage Outback......No contest eh!

Im probably the exception to the rule , everyones message ive read seems to want to get the ride height down.....unfortunately living down a farm track that looks like its been hit with land mines I'm looking for a possible ride height extension.....nae a lot mind......( but in this case size does matter )

Does anyone do adj shocks or adj suspension ( a la Audi Allroad idea ) so that i can "grow a bit of height" to get down the track in the winter without loosing the exhaust yet not look like a jacked up Lada when heading down the M90 ??

Also , how good ./ bad is the 4 x 4 Octavia system in the snow ?? ANY ideas or feedback most welcome

Thanks !

Crawford

First off, Welcome to the wonderful world of Skoda. Like you I came from Subaru to Skoda about a year ago & now wonder why I didnt do it sooner.

Re suspension, Motorsport International market several systems that will fit, The KW's are height adjustable, not sure how high they go but they do a system specifically for the 4x4, Ive got them on mine albeit set at the lower end height wise. These are also fairly easily adjusted so you could raise for the winter & lower for the summer

Their tel no is 08702 412382 & speak to Alan

Also dont know if you need it but Skoda do a sump guard for the Octavia, a couple of people have holed their sumps albeit at high speed on the road with lowered cars but might be worth considering.

Stuart

Crawford,

Welcome to the site. :D

Someone asked me about this a couple of months ago, they have a fleet of Octy 4x4s that they use to go out to semi-remote locations. I could find nothing "off the shelf" for the Octy. They ended up getting sump guards. Yes, I do know where you can get some remotely adjustable shocks, but I don't think they change the ride height, just the bump and rebound. I also know where you could get some custom stuff made, but that wouldn't be cheap :( Another alternative, find a crashed allroad and try and get the suspension of that (not easy as it is a gas system) and see if it'll fit.

Sorry I can't help more.

Jon

Welcome, Crawford! Given the normal dearth of snow down South, perhaps you could report back to us 4X4 owners who live south of Watford Gap on how your car copes in the snow. :D