Anyone ordered yet ??

Johnwg

The roomster looks fine to me. Not as nice as the concept car but it isn't after the hot hatch market so shouldn't be judged by conservative standards. I quite like the greenhouse back. The Multipla always looked good but then I'm someone who thinks the Tatra T603 is one of the coolest cars ever built.

Lucky you! We have to wait until end of June until ours is made but sure it will be worth the wait. 1.9tdi Roomster 2 in anthracite grey. Was overtaken by one that colour on the M5 at Easter and was studying the back of it at first ("That looks nice, what is it?") when I realised it was a Roomster.

Researched all sorts over a long period before choosing the it (Scenic, Picasso, Space Star, Doblo, Fabia and Octavia and others) but the Roomster ticks the most boxes for us - not least for Skoda's reliability AND a spare wheel that can't be nicked from underneath!

Keep us posted!

I think it is an awful looking thing.

But then I think the Porsche Cayenne is dreadful to look at too.

Sometimes I wonder what is going through designers heads. Arguably, they are thinking function over form in the case of the Roomster, but surely to god, they can find a reasonable compromise between looks and versatility.

You are comparing it to the Octavia, it will seem a poor second! It is not a competitor. It is really between the Fabia + the Octavia. It is a direct competitor with the Peugeot Partner/Citroen Berlingo, Renault Kangoo & the Fiat Doblo. It knocks the spots off all of these (except space in the Doblo which is massive).

As a family workhorse it is brill. You have a hatchback with superb rear visibility for the kids (hence odd window line), masses of headroom, I am 6" & I could wear a top hat in there! Take the seats out & you have a van for the trips to B&Q. It is comfortable, economical with over 50mpg easily attainable. Pulls my trailer well & yet it is small enough to go in my garage.

It looks odd compared to other family cars, but a great deal better than the competition it is aimed at. They are just vans with windows. Yes it is a "cut & shut". The front mechanics are Fabia & the back Octavia (I think) but internally it wins all round.

Well done Skoda!:thumbup:

You are comparing it to the Octavia, it will seem a poor second! It is not a competitor. It is really between the Fabia + the Octavia. It is a direct competitor with the Peugeot Partner/Citroen Berlingo, Renault Kangoo & the Fiat Doblo. It knocks the spots off all of these (except space in the Doblo which is massive).

As a family workhorse it is brill. You have a hatchback with superb rear visibility for the kids (hence odd window line), masses of headroom, I am 6" & I could wear a top hat in there! Take the seats out & you have a van for the trips to B&Q. It is comfortable, economical with over 50mpg easily attainable. Pulls my trailer well & yet it is small enough to go in my garage.

It looks odd compared to other family cars, but a great deal better than the competition it is aimed at. They are just vans with windows. Yes it is a "cut & shut". The front mechanics are Fabia & the back Octavia (I think) but internally it wins all round.

Well done Skoda!:thumbup:

Exactly :thumbup:

And, what is more, when it's just you driving or you+other half you don't feel like you're in a cavernous van/MPV. I thought I'd feel hemmed in as a front passenger as I like the lower front windows in the Doblo or Multipla. However, it isn't a problem at all.

Looking over your right shoulder when pulling out is great because of that deep window behind.

Was also getting tired of trying hatches etc with pill box back windows. Great view out of the Roomster.

Just need a decent ad for it like the piece of cake Fabia one!

JL