KW or SPAX?

shugz

Hi All,

Been looking into the subject of lowering my Octy vRS and seek advice from anyone with experience in this game. I'm not looking for out and out race car handling (no track days planned) just fast road use. I would like the Octy to be lowered by about 30-40mm, to be slightly stiffer in feel with a better and more responsive turn-in than I get with the standard suspension set up. I have been looking on the web and on here and also from reading the magazine 'Volkswagen Driver' who have fitted a SPAX RSX kit to their 'Project MKIV Golf GTi' in which they gave the kit the 'thumbs up' .

I have also looked at KW (variant 1's, don't think I require anything above that) but between these two totally unsure what would be the best way to go. Also, anyone with any recommendations concerning manufactures I haven't listed would be viewed with interest too. Many thanks in advance.........

Cheers

Hugh

Tav,

Many thanks for the advice,

Jimmy,

I'm a bit in the dark too, but the VW article managed to lower their GTi by around 40-50 mm using the RSX kit and www.motorsportworld.co.uk have an RSX kit on their website for the Octy. I know however, the Octy is differently suspended from the Golf so you could be right.

Cheers

Hugh