ICE advice...

S41NT

i had a usb / and a memory card reader in my old hu was the best idea ever ever!!! just load everything onto SD card/UBS and it would just work no loading time for cds etc until my mate shorted my hu and blew the thing up!:mad: :P

It can't do any harm to click on the link in my sig, and ask what the best price the site discounter over there can do for you ;)

Personally, for MP3, I run a Kenwood HU with the 10GB Keg... probably all a bit old fashioned now, but it's great having 10GB of MP3 on the Keg, and a further 4.7GB on the DVD in the player... or rather, it would be if I had that many CD's!!

• 1 month later...

Car Audio Bargains, Kicker Car Audio, Pioneer Avic X1r, Sony car Stereo, Pioneer Car Stereo, Alpine Car Stereo, kenwood Car Stereo, car Audio Accessory, Car Speaker, Car Satellite Navigation, Car Amplifier.

Its arrived:thumbup:

But missus has wrapped it and said wait til 25th:thumbdwn:

Looks like a quality bit of kit though. It'll be my first mod, unless my cup holders and badges arrive before 25th:woohoo:

Car Audio Bargains, Kicker Car Audio, Pioneer Avic X1r, Sony car Stereo, Pioneer Car Stereo, Alpine Car Stereo, kenwood Car Stereo, car Audio Accessory, Car Speaker, Car Satellite Navigation, Car Amplifier.

Its arrived:thumbup:

But missus has wrapped it and said wait til 25th:thumbdwn:

Looks like a quality bit of kit though. It'll be my first mod, unless my cup holders and badges arrive before 25th:woohoo:

I hate it when that happens :thumbdwn: I cant treat myself to anything until after the 8th of January (my birthday) :(

Are you going to stick a hard drive on your head unit?

I hate it when that happens :thumbdwn: I cant treat myself to anything until after the 8th of January (my birthday) :(

Are you going to stick a hard drive on your head unit?

No, think i'll just use a few memory sticks in the front, got a 1G with it.

Just bought the aerial connector too and noticed it has a small blue wire on it, does this go to the iso plug somewhere?

• 2 weeks later...
No, think i'll just use a few memory sticks in the front, got a 1G with it.

Just bought the aerial connector too and noticed it has a small blue wire on it, does this go to the iso plug somewhere?

Anyone know where the blue wire goes on the aerial booster, trying to fit my Xmas prezzi now....................the only wire i don't know what to do with???:confused:

Anyone know where the blue wire goes on the aerial booster, trying to fit my Xmas prezzi now....................the only wire i don't know what to do with???:confused:

The blue one is the Pcont I think for amps or something (I dunno!).

Anywho, I have left mine loose and never had a problem so give it a try without it :rofl:

Anywho, I have left mine loose and never had a problem so give it a try without it :rofl:

OK, i haven't fitted the booster at all yet at all, only had 20 mins to fit the sterio yesterday while she was at work before visiting the family.

I'll try it without then, thought it was supposed to go in the ISO somewhere?

Just listening to choons on the memory stick.

Just loaded the vRS badge and skoda badge so it displays them while turning on and playing choons. Looks pretty sweet :cool: !

• 1 month later...

Just found out, the blue wire is 12v supply to the booster:thumbup: . Apparently there's usually a connection on the back of the sterio, where ever is convenient i suppose. I'm lead to believe that it doesn't draw much current.

Just found out, the blue wire is 12v supply to the booster:thumbup: . Apparently there's usually a connection on the back of the sterio, where ever is convenient i suppose. I'm lead to believe that it doesn't draw much current.

My blue wire is still hanging about not connected to anything and I get all the stations spot on and crystal clear. Very wierd. :o

There should be two sources for it I think. If you check the wiring diagram there should be one thats listed as powered aerial, and one thats listed as remote switching for amps. If you're not going to be using amps then either should be fine, but the powered aerial one is the proper one iirc.

Just had a quick flick through the manual (I assumed its the JVC KD-G821 you've got) and there doesn't seem to be a wiring diagram in there, so it may be printed on the top of the unit itself.