Ipod Connection

Col_ossus

Thanks for the replies. How do these solutions differ? Also, what way of playing ythe music do you have? Does the feed come directly from the ipod, or do you have some sort of functionality from the head unit? I have absolutely no idea of how these things work, but I'm getting an ipod for Christmas, and want to connect it to the car. Saves carrying cds about. Ideally, I'd like to see the ipod to random, but at the same time, be able to flick through tracks using the head unit. Also, where is the best place to mount the ipod, and how easy is the install of these devices? Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear all, I have had fun with trying to get a Denison Ice link fitted to my 04 vrs. When the fitters took the head unit out (Symphony), they then announced that they couldn't fit the kit. They are trying to point me towards buying a wireless kit, but I am wondering if the OEM VAG kit is a better bet? Can I assume that the kit offered by Skoda (koda UK - Accessories Page)

is the same as this?

(https://sslrelay.com/s74326199.oneandoneshop.co.uk/sess/utn;jsessionid=1545aa752184482/shopdata/index.shopscript)

thanks

Andrew Platt

Dension also do a kit which will connect any of an iPod, USB stick or 3.5mm jack. No experience of using this. In practice control of the iPod seems as good as you'll get from the controls available on the headunit. Basically you're able to access the first 5 playlists (alphabetically) and move through all the playlists one by one (which seems quite cumbersome given the amount of music you could have on the iPod).

Mate, tell em they're talking out of their a*ses!! There's easily enough space to fit the icelink. There's space above the head unit that it'll just fit in, or if you don't want it there you can fit it above/behind the glove box. There should be enough cable length to do so.

Mine sits above the head unit (ty-wrapped to the loom to stop vibration) and i have the ipod cable going to the glove box where the owners manual goes. That way my ipod is out if sight even with the glove box open!!! You do have to drill a 12mm(ish) hole for the cable to come through and plug into the icelink though.

There's also enough cable length to hold the ipod and select tunes you don't have in the playlists.

As long as you sort out the earth, the rest is plug-and-play. Get them to release the head unit if you don't have the keys, and do the rest your self... it's easy!!!!

(the glove box is held in with 5 torx screws, and don't forget to unplug the air con pipe and the leccy plug for the light though!!!)

Hope you get it sorted :)