Pioneer TS-G1749 Speakers

I've just fitted some Pioneer TS-G1749 speakers up front in my estate, and can notice a reasonable difference in quality, but nothing truly breathtaking. I've a good Pio headunit, but the bass production isn't that much of an improvement (which is what I'm after), and distorts a bit on really bassy tunes. I'm not after some serious aftermarket work here, but I'd be interested to know if anyone else has fitted them, and what they think of the difference... and if anyone thinks I've messed up somewhere along the line!

The main problem is the speaker mounts/"enclosures" - they don't really lend themselves to producing a good sound, and this difference is shown by comparing with the Fabia, which manages to produce much better sound on the standard equipment.

I found the best bass improvement came with changing the rear speakers, although it's still not great.

Other option would be to get a small sub, although your starting to go down the "quite a bit of effort" road doing that.

Rob.

Cheers for the response - it's appreciated. Like you guessed, I don't really want to go down the sub route. Incidentally, are you talking about improved bass from the rear speakers in a saloon or estate (I have an estate you see...)?

I too have been ****ing around with speakers in my octy. I have a good set of Sony's in the rear but standard in the front. Im wondering whether to bother switching them as I currently have no rattles in the front and I just want a good sound not a mental system.

However,

I have some lovely Clarions in my other car and they are so nice - best speakers Ive ever had (5 inch). Try a set of Clarions for yourself in a motor store really crisp bassy and a full rounded sound. The base really thumps and the treble is crisp.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who wants to improve things! If I go down the route of changing the rears, I'll check out Clarion. By the way, by talking about rears, I take it you mean the back two doors and not elsewhere in the load bay (I haven't gone hunting round too far back you see...)?

I've just fitted some Pioneer TS-G1749 speakers up front in my estate, and can notice a reasonable difference in quality, but nothing truly breathtaking. I've a good Pio headunit, but the bass production isn't that much of an improvement (which is what I'm after), and distorts a bit on really bassy tunes. I'm not after some serious aftermarket work here, but I'd be interested to know if anyone else has fitted them, and what they think of the difference... and if anyone thinks I've messed up somewhere along the line!

Did these fit without cutting the door seal, ? I fancy upgrading mine, but dont fancy them getting wet by cutting the door seal.

Incidentally, are you talking about improved bass from the rear speakers in a saloon or estate (I have an estate you see...)?

In the hatch, although as the boot cavity is fairly similar between the two it shouldn't make all the much difference. I believe the estate has slightly different shaped speaker though (elliptical rather than round).

Rob.

In response to Mluton - The speakers did indeed fit without cutting the door seal - there's no way I going to muck around with them, regardless of what other people do.

In response to Rob - I suppose I better get looking! Let's hope they are as easy a job to sort out!