Help!

Hello Everyone,

My Superb has decided to not let me lock boot lid! :mad: It will just not lock which is worrying as my boot is now not secure. Does anyone know of a fix for this problem? Is there any guide on the net on how to take the mechanism apart?

I have a feeling either the lock is broken or the solenoid has expired but hopefully it may just be a spring!

I had a similar problem - in my case, the boot would not unlock electrically. The cause was a seized pivot inside the boot at the latch end of the operating cable. A drop of oil fixed it. The trim is a tight fit and there are fixing screws behind the warning triangle and in the "handholds". Job takes about 10 minutes.

rotodiesel.

I had a similar problem - in my case, the boot would not unlock electrically. The cause was a seized pivot inside the boot at the latch end of the operating cable. A drop of oil fixed it. The trim is a tight fit and there are fixing screws behind the warning triangle and in the "handholds". Job takes about 10 minutes.

rotodiesel.

:thumbup: Thanks for the advice rotodiesel, I have taken the trim off and it looks like the motor maybe stuck so it looks like a trip to the garage is on the cards.