Cruise cracked

This is second time around I decided to get my head under the dash (first attempt fixed up the stalk and ran the loom, but the wiring to ECU stumped me because I didnt want to garbage my warranty by splicing to the ECU wire). I've up until now been driving around with the loom in a bag taped up under the plastics until I decided what to do !!:rofl:

(I hasten to add, it hasn't been of great concern to me because I have been very busy, what with a motorcycle build to contend with, many other household jobs etc which has included laying laminate floor and then carpets and then painting etc etc. Such is life)

However, I've finally cracked my understanding of the post '04 cruise now the proper-install (Stu) way.

Hopefully fully cruise enabled tommorow! ( I have the computer bits ready for when I have the cabling done)

:)

If anyone is attemting same without wishing to ruin warranty, just to say that I have found this to be reasonably possible (with the VW stalk and thankful to Stu's basic instructions).

MY RECOMMENDATION: I'll warn most though, its neither quick nor easy, nor safe if you consider the removal of the airbag.

I would therefore suggest that STU's service represents EXCELLENT value for money to provide this install (if you value your skin and your time).

There is a lot of messing about with plastics under the dash to actually get at all the right bits, and unless you do it a lot you could be looking at over a day or more.

I don't think I'll want to tread on any toes here by revealing how exactly its possible with modification to the posted guides, since this is Stu's area for revenue.

All working!

Just a few points:

The main power cable run that feeds along the carpet needs to be cable tied again in a couple of places (these have to be snipped to get some of the master relays/power connections slid out the way, in order to access the junction connector I needed).

I was in such haste to reconnect, I got my ordering of tasks wrong as I'd already got the dash lower refitted and cursed myself for this! A followup job. It doesn't seem to be moving at all behind there anyway so its not going to cause any problems for now.

I also seem to be left with just one single small dashmount screw which for the life of me I cannot work where its missing from!!!! another minor followup job.

Otherwise, its working!

A bit of an anticlimax in terms of the function once it settled in how it operates, but I can tell you I how happy I was just to get it working! Yahhhooooooooo!

With the VW stalk you seem to have to sort of tap it twice and it works.

I panicked at first, because firstly I had the unplausable signal at vag-com which made me feel it may not be properly terminated.