Favorit GLXIe Handbrake light stopped working.

anewman

I recently acquired a Favorit GLXIe estate and it is my first car.

The handbrake pads (or whatever they are) were recently been replaced. Unfortunately today I reversed with the handbrake on (ooops) and ever since the handbrake dashboard light has worked intermitently, but more often not working. Is there any quick easy fix to sort the problem out?

Note - I have a Haynes manual to hand.

Thanks in advance.

Alan.

The early Favorits had a rather basic switch / contact assembly on the handbrake lever IIRC, any play in the pivot of the handbrake assembly used to cause this kind of problem - thats what I found anyway on the ones I had. I would not think it was caused by the driving with it on, they would have been rear shoes that were changed. The mechanic would have adjusted the cables on the lever so could have distrurbed the switch operation. The switch is easily made visible IIRC so should be obvious to a someone mechanically / electrically minded

Thanks very much guys, found the switch easily. Handbrake gaiter very easily pulls back making the button easily visible. A few depresses and a wiggle and all is back to perfect working condition :)