rubber drain in engine bay ??

spevie

Cant seem to find it, found thread with this so yes please..

" The rubber drain is on the back wall of the engine bay, below the air pipe between the filter box and the engine. Just stick your fingers up it to clear any debris.

I think that makes sense .. can post a pic if necessary."

can someone tell me if my 2001 model has these.....

spevie

i beleive its when water gets into the foot well caused by blocked drain holes, in another thread someone said summat about shove yer fingers up there and clear it out......1 behind the air box and 1 near the brake reservior.....

just wanted to check mine cos of all the wet weather.

cheers.

spevie

Ok .. apologies for the crap mobile phone picture, my digicam seems to have wandered off somewhere.

There are 2 drains, the first is on the left hand side of the engine bay, next to the top of the front suspension strut. It's a narrow (~1.5cm diameter) rubber pipe which protrudes ~4cm downwards. Give the sides of it a squeeze to open the end cover and release any rubbish in there.

The second drain is in the back wall of the engine bay, just to the right of the engine block and behind the tube running from the air filter box to the throttle body. You may not be able to see it straight away but run your hand down the matting on the back of the engine bay and feel for it. It's rectangular and ~5cm wide. Give it a good squeeze to open the rubber cover and stick your fingers up it to clear any leaves etc.

I hope that helps.

drains.jpg

Well after checking, double and triple checking i cannot find the drain tubes.

on the left red arrow where the silver round clip is that holds the bulk head matting in place i have a bunch of tubes collating together with summat that resembles a air flow meter or summat, but you bulk head doesnt look same fittings as mine

Mine is a SDI model so could be missing....

anyone clarify...

spevie

My 2000 fabia has them, so they're definitely on all ages of fabia.

They are right at the back, not really visible. Look for the carpeted bit of engine bay bulkhead, and then reach under that, near the ECU (bare steel box to the nearside of engine bay on bulkhead), you'll feel a rectangular rubber squishy thing. It's got a flap on the bottom, so it may not feel like a drain, but stick your finger through the flap, and there'll probably be crap up there.

The second one is easier to see. Look at the offside suspension turret where it meets bulkhead at the rear of the engine bay. You should see right at the junction a round cylinder about 2cm in diameter sticking down ~3cm into the engine bay. That's your second drain, but getting you fingers up it is painful and near-impossible!

Good luck,

Rob

Is it actually behind the bulk head matting... not hanging down....

will try again this weekend.

Its actually in DM Keiths in bradford at the mo, trying to find this flashing fault.....

the longer i hear nowt from them the more i think i gotta shell out......???:(

spevie

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Lost now......ive gone all vertical...

if you look at this picture of the engine bay you will see at the top left there is a bunch of pipes together, where is it in relation to this.

eBay.co.uk: 2001 (51) SKODA FABIA COMFORT SDI 5-Dr Cayenne FSSH (item 320076807145 end time 25-Feb-07 17:42:51 GMT)

cheers.

spevie

OK, it's a bit hard to see from that picture, but it would be below and rearward of those pipes. It is right up next to the suspension turret and against the bulkhead.

The other drain is beneath the bulge of bulkhead on which the ECU sits.

Hope that helps,

Rob