Do you have a Tom Tom?

mdk1

I wonder if they've improved these over the standard windscreen mounts? I've got Tom Tom tracking fitted to the vehicles at work and we've gone through about 5 windscreen mounts, this is only on a fleet of 10 vehicles. I'll ask the question on Monday!

• 2 weeks later...

i have an 06 skoda classic with the standard stream cd. i want to attatch my tomtom 910 which has a built in mp3 player. can i get a lead to plug into back of head unit instead of this fm mount? if so how much and exactly what do i need? i took the radio out to see if there was an aux socket on the back but no! i do not have a multi disc player in the boot,

any help welcome

Kyle

Would be interested in the above ^^^^^^^ but have yet to find a price.

If I am reading it right, I would be able to use my 910 as an mp3 player throught the speakers :confused:

What about an MFD2, that would fit quite nicely! ;)

But i already have my TomTom, and I can't load my mp3 files onto an MFD2 :P :D

Buy a cheap MP3 player and get an FM transmitter to feed the radio signal. Makes the need to have the TomTom redundant when you don't need it or in areas where the window sucker marks will advertise your ownership of TT to all the local scrotes.

Plus then it's also portable for all your cars....Mike;)

My dads just ordered the transmitter mount for his tomtom 910.

would be interested to hear how he gets on:thumbup:

I'm toying with the idea of getting a bluetooth/iPod compatible Tom Tom and hard wiring it into my Kenwood head unit. It'll work as a hands free kit and will also mute the radio/iPod for directions and incoming calls.

Has anyone hard wired their Tom Tom?

Buy a cheap MP3 player and get an FM transmitter to feed the radio signal. Makes the need to have the TomTom redundant when you don't need it or in areas where the window sucker marks will advertise your ownership of TT to all the local scrotes.

Andy, I don't need to buy an mp3 player as i can use the Tom Tom as one, aswell as bluetooth for my phone.

The link in my first post is that of a FM transmitter for the Tom Tom:thumbup:

It is only for long journeys, as we still use the autochanger for short trips.

Plus then it's also portable for all your cars....Mike;)

...All my cars :eek: I only have 2 :D

Andy, I don't need to buy an mp3 player as i can use the Tom Tom as one, aswell as bluetooth for my phone.

The link in my first post is that of a FM transmitter for the Tom Tom:thumbup:

It is only for long journeys, as we still use the autochanger for short trips.

...All my cars :eek: I only have 2 :D

Am i the only person on this forum with 1 car :confused:

Its a shame Brodit havent released an alternative mount for the new series of tomtoms

Am i the only person on this forum with 1 car :confused:

Its a shame Brodit havent released an alternative mount for the new series of tomtoms

one's mine, one's swmbo's :D

I've got a 510 & was contemplating getting this.....

TomTom, portable GPS car navigation systems - Car Connect

Its a bluetooth connector for the tomtom, so i'm thinking it will work nicely as a handsfree car kit with the new laws aswell.

If anybody has one it would be good to know if they are any good

Hi,

Do you know where you can buy these from? How much do they cost?

Ta

Hi,

Do you know where you can buy these from? How much do they cost?

Ta

Not sure how easy they are to get hold of at the moment, as they are pretty new.

I think they are due to retail 80 to 100 quid. And a quick search on froogle, or kelkoo should send you in the right direction.

Let me know how you get on if you get one

Not sure how easy they are to get hold of at the moment, as they are pretty new.

I think they are due to retail 80 to 100 quid. And a quick search on froogle, or kelkoo should send you in the right direction.

Let me know how you get on if you get one

Will do. Hmm - weird how it says professional installation only. You'd have thought the only thing it would connect to is the stereo via an inline socket connection as that'd give it everything it needed (power, mute, dim, etc). Surely it doesn't need any other wiring into the car??

Will do. Hmm - weird how it says professional installation only. You'd have thought the only thing it would connect to is the stereo via an inline socket connection as that'd give it everything it needed (power, mute, dim, etc). Surely it doesn't need any other wiring into the car??

I think it's just tomtom covering their back:rolleyes: