Transmission Fill/Drain Plug Confirmation

I bought some new gearbox oil today (Castrol SynTran 75w90 Synthetic) and am going to replace the existing oil.

From the picture attached, the top plug is pretty obvious but the rear one seems quite far back a possibly higher than the bottom of the gearbox. (Will all the oil drain out?!) However it seems to have the same hex plug as the filler cap.

Also the filler seems quite a tricky thing to get to with an oil can - Any tips on this? I was thinking of running a hose down past the battery with funnel on top and go in this way

Cheers!

13706.attach

Good picture. I did mine today and yes, the filler is a pig to get to. The Silkolene bottles I used had built in spouts which helped but it was still tricky. I removed the battery tray but I think your idea of running a length of hose down would be a better/less messy idea!

Good picture. I did mine today and yes, the filler is a pig to get to. The Silkolene bottles I used had built in spouts which helped but it was still tricky. I removed the battery tray but I think your idea of running a length of hose down would be a better/less messy idea!

Cheers Phil. So that lower one is the drain plug yea? Did you put about 2 litres of oil in?

DGW, I have one of those cans - good thinking! Might try that first.