Fabia 1.2

:thumbup: I thought so too, but I guess we cant please everyone - namely my ex, he is against me selling the vitara for "safety" purposes..............:finger:

What year Vitara is it, even the newer ones do quite badly in crash tests, Fabia is a Euro NCAP 4* Car

The 56 plate 1.2 6v I had for a day was rubbish on fuel. Had to keep my foot depressed a long way just to maintain a 70mph on the motorway. Only averaged 32mpg too even though I was just cruising.

The only redeeming feature was the cool sounding engine note when revved hard. Reminded me of my old 6 cylinder bmw......kind of.

I was glad to hand it back. Having said that, I'll be even happier to give back the stupid Roomster I've got at the moment as a coutesy car. Hideous interior and a daft gutless 3 cylinder 1.4TDi that sounds like a Transit van.

But hey, if you want a 1.2, buy one.

Jesus, ive to get used to all this car jargon - and yes i can change a tyre, and put oil into the engine, and water into the window washer bottle, and I know where the lever for opening the bonnet is!!!! I just dont know what 56 plate means or where or what 6v or 12v means!!

I just dont know what 56 plate means or where or what 6v or 12v means!!

56 plate refers to the registration plate. 6v and 12v refer to the number of valves (6v has 2 per cylinder, 12v has 4 per cylinder). Nothing to do with batteries or voltage :D

Chris

:thumbup: I thought so too, but I guess we cant please everyone - namely my ex, he is against me selling the vitara for "safety" purposes..............:finger:

Not sure about that! Despite its size, the Vitara didn't do well in crash testing. You'd be much safer in a Fabia.

Yup from an economy point of view the change would make a lot of sense. A 1.2 Fabia is never going to be fast by any imagination, but if you're not bothered by performance then it'll be fine.

You can tell if it is a 12v by the badge on the tailgate , under the 'Fabia' badge there will be another , stating '1.2 HTP'. On the 12v the 'P' in HTP is red! Simple as that. For confirmation , lift the bonnet , and it should have 1.2-12V on the black plastic engine cover.

Thanks for the explanations everyone!!:thumbup:

One problem though, the car I was going for (only fabia he has), has the soaking wet carpets in the rear footwells problem. So have reluctantly declined, as I don't want a car with potential future problems.

Have gone for a '03 Octavia 1.4 Petrol. At least i can fit the childrens bikes in the boot:D :D

Have gone for a '03 Octavia 1.4 Petrol. At least i can fit the childrens bikes in the boot:D :D

Unless you have one like Des, the bikes might be a bit much for it.

For the love of all things sane why would you do this?

A 1.4 Octy.....ouch....that's gotta be up there with the 1.2 Fabia for slowness.

But, if power's not your thing and you live somewhere with no hills then good on you. ;)