messed about!!

God, im tired of it!! First it was Octavia, then Fabia, now its definately Octavia!!

I test drove a fabia and loved it - unfortunately it sufferes from the common damp back seat area wet carpet/door seals leaking problem.

So thanks to briskoda I didn't make the mistake of buying before checking this out!!

Going to take the Skoda Octavia instead tomorrow and be done with searching.

God, im tired of it!! First it was Octavia, then Fabia, now its definately Octavia!!

Going to take the Skoda Octavia instead tomorrow and be done with searching

good decision m8. :D:thumbup:

Finally, done with searching. some dealers are hyprocrites!!!

ZootyRS, yes this was a dealer!! apparently he didn't know about it, till I read up about it here, and took it for a second testdrive, and checked the carpets!!!

My new car is going to be a '03 Skoda Octavia 1.4 petrol. Absolutely delighted with it, and best of all I only have to wait till Monday for it:D

Finally, done with searching. some dealers are hyprocrites!!!

ZootyRS, yes this was a dealer!! apparently he didn't know about it, till I read up about it here, and took it for a second testdrive, and checked the carpets!!!

Speechless

My new car is going to be a '03 Skoda Octavia 1.4 petrol. Absolutely delighted with it, and best of all I only have to wait till Monday for it:D

Excellent. I'm sure you'll be very happy with it :thumbup:

Welcome to the fold

I think in MK1 format these are fairly rare, the smallest was the 1.6 more commonly AFAIK.

The Octavia is outstanding in any form, can promise you will not look back.

There was also going to be a 1.0 Fabia originally too that never appeared as far as I remember and the smallest engine was a 1.4MPI back then.

There is also a 1.4 petrol version in MK2 format Octavia that is, but they're not heard of often.

Must be incredibly gutless as I have a 1.6MPI and thats no dirt shifter.

Sorry, didnt know they made them!

Just seems odd to have that size engine in a fairly large car.

That was my original thought too, that the car would be too big for the engine, but im impressed, it has plenty of power, although I didn't go up any mountains!! And theres plenty of those round here!!

My Vitara struggled at times, and it was purley cause the body was too heavy for the engine size.

Bengie, yes there is a fabia 1.2, test drove that too...........unfortunately it had wet carpets in the back, and the boot is way too small to fit my kids bikes in too!!

very much doubt it, 150bhp in a 800Kg or less car is quite fast on the move, your going to need about 250bhp to match the corsa speed wise which ain't happening from just a remap or even on the standard turbo really.