Gear **** replacement octy 2001 elegance

hi guys,

does anybody have some suggestion about gear **** replacement for my octy 1.8t elegance 2001?

the factory fitted one is not tight and it rotates around the axes for certrain angle. in addition to this problem it looks quite poor.

i would like to find some better looking direct replacement **** together with the leather gaitor to fit instead of this one. probably some vw's, seat's **** or octy vrs **** would fit.

i found quite wide choice on awsome gti website but i am not sure about compatibility.

thanks for any information.

cheers:thumbup:

Yep, anything off an Octy/Superb/Golf/Passat etc will fit.

There is a metal circlip type thing that clamps the gearkn0b to the gear stick. This often works loose. I recommend changing this for a small jubilee clip! :thumbup:

The gear **** comes complete with the leather gaitor. You have to lift the whole surround to remove the ****, don't simply try twisting or yanking it!!

cheers tom!

so i can buy one together with the gaitor and it should fit directly to octy's plastic plate without any cuting and simmilar modifications.

where can i find that small jubilee clip to replace existing metal circlip type thing that clamps the gearkn0b to the gear stick.

is that the only thing that clamps the gear kn0b to the stick?