Factory fit satnav functionality

How do you do that Stu? I thought I had found all the MFD2's little tricks.

Ideally park near a junction to give you a good reference point.

Press Navi, then Setup and then Position on Map. Use the right hand kn0b (or right hand button set) to set your position on the junction and save.

Job Done!!

Lads, what's the difference betwen the different versions of the MFD2. Am I right the letters higher up like D and E have more functions. I'm awaiting delivery of my Vrs Tdi next week so currently looking into the Sat Nav also. unreal looking for the price they are availble on E-Bay.

Any ideas and advise :confused:

Cheers, Is the MFD the unit that is in all the pictures above?

I have been searching E-bay recently and I am trying to contact some of the sellers. hopefully will get some soon as i have seen some sellers recommended on this stie.

All the pictures above are MFD2 units. Don't worry about the different variants, just go for an MFD2. VRStu's site has some pointers to eBay sellers that have proved reliable - Octavia-vRS.com - MFD2 Install Guide

I bought mine from eBay seller autopark777 and didn't have any trouble at all. They seem to have gone up in price again at the moment, a few of us managed to snag one for £249 plus postage, but they're now all a bit more now :(

Dave.

Thanks lads. must keep my eve on thm over the weekend. believe it or not i'm a E-Bay virgin so i hope to end it soon.

" VW DVD based one " sounds good. the logo wouldn't bother me as I'll be keeping the car for up to 5-6 years all going well.

Can't wait now for it....

If you get a VW one, I think the colour scheme of the unit itself is different - I think it's blue and/or red, instead of Skoda's green, which may make a difference (to either you, or the next owner), ignoring the large VW logo on bootup!

Well spotted..just noticed that in the pictures above. Wonder if this can be changed. should be if units are the same. Firmware update I wonder or maybe not.

Jasus there is a lot to think about alright. must take my time on this one i think. just looked on the E-bay and there is now w few for sale...

thanks for the continued advise ;-)