Blueflame Exhaust

WelshLoon

cant answer any of your tech questions mate but i have been looking for zorsts for my rs hatch and people iknow who know have warned away from blueflame as the build quality is poor i.e the guts and hangers will rust sharpish thats why they are cheap, the general consensus for quality seems to be milltek but expect to pay 100 quid more. i am having a custom one fitted on wednesday by a place in york, stainless with a good choice of tailpipes prices range from 300 to 375

cant answer any of your tech questions mate but i have been looking for zorsts for my rs hatch and people iknow who know have warned away from blueflame as the build quality is poor i.e the guts and hangers will rust sharpish thats why they are cheap, the general consensus for quality seems to be milltek but expect to pay 100 quid more. i am having a custom one fitted on wednesday by a place in york, stainless with a good choice of tailpipes prices range from 300 to 375

Thought blue flame were stainless throughout? and shouldnt rot at hangers.I have heard very good things anbout blueflame and some bad about baffles but these seem to wearing over time.I would stay clear of a custom job as these are not flow tested just botched togther.See this thread http://www.briskoda.net/forums/octavia/longlife-stainless-steel-exhausts/73553/?highlight=exhaust

I myself are trying to decide between milltek and blueflame. :orb_cool:

Blueflame are stainless throughout and carry a lifetime warranty, and if you, or people you know, have all this information about defective units, then I am sure Nigel at Blueflame would love to hear from you.

Would it not have been best for this unsubstantiated information to have been given to Blueflame for their comments, before posting on an open forum?

I have had a turbo back Blueflame with the 100 cet sports cat on the Octy vRS for several years, and cannot fault it.

Several on here have the Blueflame system on the 4x4 and estates without a problem.

Is your remap a generic one, or a custom? A generic one will need no tweaking at all. If your map is a custom, then it will be tweakable to gain the extra power. If you;ve used a reputable tuner, they shoud do it for very little cost.

It was done by the previous owner, its a superchips one, not sure where it was done but demon tweeks deal with superchips and are just around the corner from me.

As its a Superchips map, then its generic, and sorry, but from a bad personal experience, I would not trust Superchips to chip a Maris Piper.

If you do a search on here, there were several posts made a while ago as to the very optimistic claims being made by Superchips.

Re the Blueflame exhaust, fitting a full turbo back system, with a 100 cet sports cat , will not affect the ECU, it will just improve the performance of the engine.