Fabia VRS newbie and towbar question

ibex777

Another newbie to the forum! Hi everyone.

I am the proud owner of a silver Fabia VRS, which I brought last August. Supremely happy with it - you can't really go wrong with something which is fast, fun and seriously economical.

I need to get a towbar fitted to the VRS to tow my dinghy, but it appears from the Skoda website that they don't make a genuine equipment one for the VRS (presumably because the bodykit is different from the standard Fabia?). Has anyone had one fitted to the Fabia VRS that worked with the bodykit and could recommend a supplier or give me a part number?

Also - are the trip computers a bit optimistic about fuel consumption? I can get a reported 75 mpg on my 10 mile drive to work (mixture of country lanes, motorway and urban) if I drive if carefully (it does happen occasionally - honest!). Even for a diesel this seems a bit OTT. Anyone have any ideas how this is calculated and how reliable it is?

Cheers

Welcome!

Not a clue about the towbar.

but with regards to fuel consumption, one of my drives to work is practically the same as yours roads wise. I get a reported 65mpg. which, considering the 12 mile drive only takes 13 mins, is rather optimistic, as the car hardly has time to warm up.

yeah, the computer lies, basically :D