Eventually got my Roomster!!!!

gibby

Well I now have it - although it was a week later than promised.

I went for the roomster 2 with the 1.4 tdi engine.

Im really pleased with it.

The engine is very nippy even though its only a 80bhp & compared to my old Oct SDi its much quciker although the gear ratios are totally different.

it seems to be giving me an average mpg of 52mpg which Im totally pleased with.

It drives extremely well and is desceptive as I think its much bigger than it is, as I keep having to get out to check my parking - but with lots of room to spare.

The indside is full of space & I really prefer the slightly hightened driving position.

The CD player /radio is excellent with plenty of power and the MP3 socket is a great feature.

The trim is nice and not at all cheap looking as a few ppl have said in a few reviews.

The only small negative points are that the windscreen could have done with being an inch or two higher for better visablity for the taller of us folks. the drivers seat could do with being a little firmer for my liking too

The roomster 2 has all the features I wanted.

I probably would have gone for the 3 but that included leather bits which is a definate no no as we are a vegetarian vegan family.

The more I look at it, the more I like the shape.

Id never seen another one on the road at all before I ordered mine unitl the day I got it & sawa very shiney one in just a few mins.

I did notice on the last 2 visits to the dealer that several customers each day were picking up their new ones, so I imagine they will become alot more common in the next few months.

Well done Skoda - its a really great car & a pleasure to drive

Gibby

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations, Gibby! We're waiting for our Roomster 2 to hatch! Had to be a factory order for the rear centre head rest so having ESP whilst we're about it plus parking sensors. Went for the 1.9 in the end as we still have one to see through college with all that mallarkey/clobber and lots of trips up the M6 to family.

BTW one dealer told us that a head rest could be fitted retrospectively (meaning we could've bought used/demo) but another said we'd have to order all the bits of a new (replacement) seat and have it assembled !!! Any other info on this, just out of curiosity?

They are becoming more common on the road. We saw an Olive Green one last weekend - surprisingly nice! (Ours will be anth grey.) Reckon we'll be in an exclusive "club", like Multipla drivers, and hope our own Roomster won't be overdue!

JL

I've had mine (1.9tdi 3) since the end of March and have clocked up just over 5K in it to date. I've only seen one other on the road and that was the day after I got it out in North Wales.

Although it isn't as nippy as the vrs I had before it is so much less tiring to drive and I love it.

I've had mine (1.9tdi 3) since the end of March and have clocked up just over 5K in it to date. I've only seen one other on the road and that was the day after I got it out in North Wales.

Although it isn't as nippy as the vrs I had before it is so much less tiring to drive and I love it.

chip it:D lower it! pimp it:D

Congratulations, Gibby! We're waiting for our Roomster 2 to hatch! Had to be a factory order for the rear centre head rest so having ESP whilst we're about it plus parking sensors. Went for the 1.9 in the end as we still have one to see through college with all that mallarkey/clobber and lots of trips up the M6 to family.

BTW one dealer told us that a head rest could be fitted retrospectively (meaning we could've bought used/demo) but another said we'd have to order all the bits of a new (replacement) seat and have it assembled !!! Any other info on this, just out of curiosity?

They are becoming more common on the road. We saw an Olive Green one last weekend - surprisingly nice! (Ours will be anth grey.) Reckon we'll be in an exclusive "club", like Multipla drivers, and hope our own Roomster won't be overdue!

JL

If you feel the seat, the holes are in there. All that is missing are the 2 plastic "grommet" units that have the little ratchet things in to stop the head restraint sliding down.

How often do you carry 3 adults in your back seat?

Steve.

If you feel the seat, the holes are in there. All that is missing are the 2 plastic "grommet" units that have the little ratchet things in to stop the head restraint sliding down.

How often do you carry 3 adults in your back seat?

Steve.

Well, quite often and certainly 2 + cello which needs an outer rear seat folding to fit in (big hard case). If we're on a run up to Durham or Lancs with full compliment of offspring (all bigger than me now) it's a long way with nothing even for your neck, as the centre seat is so much lower.

Thanks for info re the seat. That was what the first dealer said.

We've got the boot cover thingy thrown in amongst other bits and bobs. 4 weeks to go!

JL

Well, quite often and certainly 2 + cello which needs an outer rear seat folding to fit in (big hard case). If we're on a run up to Durham or Lancs with full compliment of offspring (all bigger than me now) it's a long way with nothing even for your neck, as the centre seat is so much lower.

Thanks for info re the seat. That was what the first dealer said.

We've got the boot cover thingy thrown in amongst other bits and bobs. 4 weeks to go!

JL

Middle back seat is not that comfy for a bug-un. It is higher than the outer ones & also a bit narrower. More suited to a kid.