Another VRS to be owner

Hi Guys/Gals

Just put an order in for a new Octavia VRS TDi :) :)

Solid red with the usual Vrs extras at the moment.

Not much else to say at the moment, just happy as larry that I'm getting one. Its been a real struggle getting it approved by my company.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

More news when i get it.....

Welcome...now come the months of re-reading the Skoda brochure, browsing Google as you type in every variant of skoda/octavia/vrs/road test/review etc. whilst you wait for delivery!

Hi Daformah,

Welcome to Briskoda :wavey: your in good company :D

I've also just ordered an Octavia vRS, the missus tried to make me choose red but on the website it looked a tad dark, so I had made my mind up on the race blue. Wasn't till I was at the order and about to order I saw the red in the flesh and realised how nice it looked, but I stuck my guns and ordered the blue. I like the way its an exclusive sort of blue as well.

What extras did you go for and when did they say it'll be delivered?

I ordered mine with front / rear parking sensors, maxi-dot, auto-dimming mirror, xenons, cruise and heated seats....they expect it'll be at the dealer for the end of June, which means I also get the advantage of the current offer free upgrade to 18" alloys, jumbo box, rear electric windows etc.

Oh :eek: gota go....my toe is bleeding all over the carpet :eek: :eek: :eek:

Options wise its just eh Wheels, Climate control jumbo box and rear leccy windows

It was ordered though buyacar.co.uk The dealer (that the cars coming from) did phone me yesterday and wanted to know if would mind a different spec to get it early but the only ones they had were loaded with extras and i cant afford to stump up and cash for the likes of xenons AND paint :(

but.... 8 to 10 weeks estimated delivery, so begging to mid July. its going to be a looooooooong wait

Welcome Daformah,

This is a wise decision. Speaking to my dad on the phone last night I told him that with every day that passes my conviction in bying the vRS has grown stronger. I am really pleased with it and I really hope you will enjoy it as much as I am at the moment (paintwork and passenger door closing errors all considered).

Mithchel's Skoda have a red vRS in at the moment and it looks great. Mine is in black, a very common choice but yesterday I had the chance to compare it looks wise to my mates new BMW 318, in grey. I can honestly say being as unbiased as I can the vRS pi***s on it in the looks department.

The time will pass quickly, so look forward to your new vRS! :)

M

its going to be a looooooooong wait

Tell me about it! :D Got to sell my Fabia in that time though. Dealer offered me 6000 part-exchange if I don't sell it but its worth a bit more than that!

I stretched my budget a little for extra options, but decided I'll probably be keeping this one for a long while (4+ years) so less likely to get bored with its gadgetry that way.

but.... 8 to 10 weeks estimated delivery, so begging to mid July. its going to be a looooooooong wait

Yes me too, mine is due late June/ Early July, and yes I have been re-reading reviews.