Bit of a strange question....

I can fit one adult bike ok in the back (boot) of the car with the seats folded down with the bike not taken apart in any way.

Anyone managed to get 2 adult bikes in there (one on top of the other)?

Failing that anyone have any roofracks for the car they use for bikes?

Cheers

It may help if you confirm the car model - I assume you mean an Octavia II (as you have posted in the New Octavia part).

I also assume you mean a Hatchback as I have managed to get two adult bikes in my estate.

I am looking to get a towbar, but it works out at

Hi Ray, yes it's a Mk 2 & it is a Hatchback (Vrs).

One bike fits easily in the back with the seats down. I suspect if I cover the bike with cardboard to protect it, another bike will fit of top. I think it would fit better with the front wheels off.

Failing that I will probably need to get a roof rack fitted.

Don't know if it'll work in the hatch, but.....

With my Mk1 Estate I can fit two bikes inside, upright, easy.

Fold down the 1/3 split, take off the front wheels and seatposts, turn the handlebars so they run parallell with the top tube (turn the handlebars away from the window too if you want to avoid an annoying tapping noise).

I usually tie the bikes to a luggage loop to stop them swaying on the corners.

If I folded down the 2/3 split I could get 3 bikes and 3 passengers without putting anything on the car.

Haven't tried it yet as we do have a 3 bike boot mounted rack and normally have more than a days biking kit each if we're taking A N Other with us.

Niall

Cheers guys,

I get the second bike this weekend. Pretty sure they will fit on top of each other in the back. If not will get a bike rack for one of them (roof or rear mounted)

Niall - Thanks - Had not thought about standing them up with the wheel removed. May not fit in the hatch but will give it a go. There is loads of room lengthwise with the seats down but not sure on height at the back (though that would be the low end with the wheels removed)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

has anyone with Mark 2 Octavia Estate been able to fit an adult bike into the boot with the front wheel of the bike off? By this I mean standing up and placed diagonally from one corner to the other?