Taking Delivery of my vRS Tomorrow - Checks?

Hi All,

Im finally taking delivery of my vRS tomorrow :thumbup:

But, need to check it over when it arrives.

Now, are there any potential issues i should look for?

other than the obvious - scratches, damage, wrong spec etc etc

Oh, and i have already found out on here to look for them rubber suspension wedges that they use on the transporters...

Anything Else?

The main thing to check is bodywork, make sure its MINT. Make sure it has vRS mats, and the proper clips are holding them in. Check the oil level too, and buy a litre while your at the dealer - you WILL need it.

As you say, make sure its the spec you asked for. Check all the electrics work, and ask the salesman about anything your not sure about (how to work cruise, for example).

All should be just fine - ENJOY IT!

Full documentation

Tax disc for the agreed period of time

PDI stamp in service book

Swirl marks on paint (check in sunlight if possible)

Location of locking wheel nuts (if applicable)

Tell them what you expect in terms of the handover itself - I think its notoriously difficult to know how detailed to pitch this. Some people (either dealer or customer) find a half hour lecture on how to use indicators or beep the horn etc can get a bit tedious but others may feel its a good way to check everything works. If he's going on to long tell him to speed up but equally if you want more detail ask for it.

From my experience CHECK THE BODY WORK!

Get it in the sunlight, direct if possible and as Andy says check for swirl marks caused by sponge washing and poor rinsing out. Also if the car has been 'buffed' (my dealer maintains they do not buff new cars with an electric polisher....only older cars! Hummm!) then make sure the car does not have hologram marks in the paint work. My brand new vRS in black was riddled with them, not only on the passenger door but along other areas of the nearside. I am having the remainder polished out next Tuesday. They will come out and can only really be spotted in sunlight but if you have any......due to someone's negligence somewhere, you will be fuming. If I had spotted mine I would have rejected!

Make sure you get a list of the checks made at the pre delivery inspection.....I had to ask for mine and collect it the next day. Also check all the doors close properly with a gentle swing. My passenger door, now sorted at the second attempt, needed a much greater force to close. This is not "just the way they are" or caused by a "vacuum".

Take nothing for granted!

BUT......if everything is fine you will be buying a brilliant car. I love mine! Enjoy it and show it off!

M