EPC Light----Brake Light Switch

Had the EPC light come on a couple of night ago.:confused:

Having checked on the sight when it last appeared I checked the blake lights which I found were not working (All of them). So assumed it was the brake lights which had caused the EPC fault to appear.

The next day the EPC light went out and all the brake lights are now working.

Can I assume the brake light switch is going a little bit funny and expect to change it in the future

I'd change the brake light switch a.s.a.p. - its a known problem area and it leaves you a bit vunerable to "attack from the rear" when it next decides to stop working. I certainly felt a bit vunerable when I was confronted by a curious combination of warning lights - and slowed down very very "slowly" to avoid being shunted - memories of brake switch tales gleened from the internet were quickly being passed to "the important area" of my brain. After getting back home, I told my wife to check the brake lights - they were still not working! Changed the switch the next day.