Considering a new stereo in Octy II

I'm considering taking out the standard kit and fitting a new HU with bluetooth , plus a 10/12 disk changer and sub/amp in the boot.

Before I go ahead I have a number of questions.

1) how easy is it to get a power cable from the battery through to the boot?

2) how do you get the front door trim off to replace the speakers? it was nice and easy in the MK1 octy because you didn't have to. If it's a complete git I'd just leave the standard speakers alone.

3) the skoda fascia adaptor that you can buy from dealers - does it also come with a wiring adaptor to plug into a standard ISO connector?

Im gonna be looking closely on this one, i need to fit my alpine flip tv, but have a huge main processor to hide somewhere. I would like to replace speakers but i think their 8" woofers, but cant find any 8" component sets

Alex, You will also need to run a switched power supply from the fusebox. The octy2 standard HU has no switched power supply on the quadlock connector as its all controlled through canbus. Dont be confused, there are 2 power supplies into the stream hu but they are both permanent live. If you dont run the power cable then you will have to remember to turn the stereo off, or the battery will go flat.

It's been fairly well covered recently Alex. If I can be of any help though give me a shout.

I'd probably go for running a cable down the side trims to the boot unless it's one of these silly hose pipe sized things.

The door panels have to come off to get at the speakers and there is a warning in the manual if you have side airbags.

This is a bit of a random question, but is the Stream wired up the same as the Symphony? Just wondered if the Stream could go into a Mk1 Octavia. Plus, what is this 'canbus' that has been mentioned?

Sorry for the daft questions, explanations in words of two or less syllables would be appreciated.:thumbup: