Hello all , i was wondering if people any one could tell me if i could have my lights coloured to match my car but keeping the black strip going across them.

here was wat it wud kind of look like (yes mines the blue car lol :D)

14642256a3834771999b127738070l.jpg

and heres mine with blue lights but went over the black strip whihc i want to keep

14642256a3892225564b513043106l.jpg

ive seen this done before and was wondering how i would go about doing it and would it be road legal ?

14642256a4751425247l.jpg:D Jaymz :D

People have done it with normal car paint mixed with lots of thinners...

I'd get a spare set from a scrappy to play with. :)

Also to add- there MUST be 2 red reflectors on the back of the car to be legal, as these are built into the lights on the Felly then if you went blue you'd have to get some stick on ones. :)

People have done it with normal car paint mixed with lots of thinners...

I'd get a spare set from a scrappy to play with. :)

yeah i got some from the scrappys to play with :D

As Tom says, as long as you've correctly marked and sized reflectors (IIRC pushbikes ones are a different standard), and the lights show an acceptable colour when on, they're legal.

Isn't there also something about the light? i.e. providing the light emitted from the brakes / indicators is red / orange then it's ok? Am sure I heard on one of those cop shows (Traffic Cops me thinks) that the only vehicles that are legally allowed to display blue lights are emergency services?!!? Please correct me if I am wrong!

Thing is you have to remember a 21w bulb is 21w for a reason, if you add a layer of paint or anything over the lense that effects the light it is no longer 21w worth of light.

And on a side light you only have 5w to play with.

And yes lights go

Only white light to the front of the vehicle

Only red light to the rear of the vehicle

Blue and Green lights are reserved for emergency vehicles.

if he painted the lights it wouldnt make them come through a different colour on if he used a too thick layer of paint.

They will still come through the same red and orange etc colours... black tinted lights dont turn the light black! lol

You could do what ive seen some people do to cheaply smoke the back lights... use a pair of tights over them! lol, im sure you could find some blue tights somewhere... hehe

Just seen a green polo with green tints on its lights, so it can be done, but how I dont know I was behind it and all lights did what they should

There's one of they around here too; green Polo with green tints on rear Lexus-style lights rather than the standard coloured clusters though.