Baker21's Superb Pre-GTI International Claybar And Detailing Session!!!!

Well GTI International has pasted and I have been offline for some time due to a house move but I have just got the broadband up and running and thought I would update you guys with my little 'Claybar Detailing Session' I did two days before GTI International....

I have never used Claybar before, for those of you that have used it please bear with me, but I would recommend this to anyone.....granted it takes some time but the finish was EXCELLENT and my paintwork has never looked sooooooo good.

Here are the pics including some 'beading' photos of the water on some panels after GTI International.......comments good or bad welcome.....

DSC00001.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

And the 'Water Beading':

DSC00106-1.jpg

DSC00107-1.jpg

DSC00108-1.jpg

Your Superb for me is the best example I have ever seen, my tastes to a tee (apart from the silly badges on the bumper but I supose you cant win 'em all ;) ). Great job with he detailing :thumbup:

Btw, it's about time the banner went from the sig!

Your Superb for me is the best example I have ever seen, my tastes to a tee (apart from the silly badges on the bumper but I supose you cant win 'em all ;) ). Great job with he detailing :thumbup:

Btw, it's about time the banner went from the sig!

Thanks for the comments mate, much appreciated, the sidelights are one of those things that I wouldn't be without after an historical accident and they are a brilliant safety feature but each to their own....

Signature edited....

Baker21 does it again! Looking Superb as per usual there mate. Not used clay bar on my whole car yet, just in the occasional area.

Am definitely envious of how nice your car looks!

Thanks mate....you should do your whole car once in a while the results really are so good but granted it takes ages....LOL!!

Looking good simon:thumbup: never used clay bar either and probably never will as i'm quite lazy when it comes to cleaning as i lose interest half way through:rofl:

Thanks Dan....shame we didn't get longer to chat at GTI....maybe I could have Claybar'd your car there and then....LOL....maybe next time....or maybe next time I will wash your's again like at Trax....LOL!!

Thanks Dan....shame we didn't get longer to chat at GTI....maybe I could have Claybar'd your car there and then....LOL....maybe next time....or maybe next time I will wash your's again like at Trax....LOL!!

Yes its a shame i didn't get long to chat to you but each time i popped past the stand you weren't there but maybe next time :) and your right i could of roped you into cleaning my car again if i'd found you earlier in the day lol

so are you attending any other shows this year as i'll be at gti festival in july and vw festival in august as well as ed38 but i already know your in the states for that one:thumbdwn: :rofl:

Yes its a shame i didn't get long to chat to you but each time i popped past the stand you weren't there but maybe next time :) and your right i could of roped you into cleaning my car again if i'd found you earlier in the day lol

so are you attending any other shows this year as i'll be at gti festival in july and vw festival in august as well as ed38 but i already know your in the states for that one:thumbdwn: :rofl:

More info required on the GTi Festival and VW Fesitval mate?!!??!

Could be interested?!?!?

Looking good buddy. I've used clay on my motor and I agree that its very good. I used the clay on mine to get rid of some overspray I found when I bought it, but it is equally as good for just rejouvenating the paintwork. Don't forget to polish and wax the car again, as the clay has more than likely removed it.

Looking good buddy. I've used clay on my motor and I agree that its very good. I used the clay on mine to get rid of some overspray I found when I bought it, but it is equally as good for just rejouvenating the paintwork. Don't forget to polish and wax the car again, as the clay has more than likely removed it.

Thanks Matt, funny you should mention that as I intend to polish and wax it tomorrow after another good clean....

:thumbup: A beauty as ever Mr B. Keeps us Superb owners in line!

I can highly recommend claying too. Granted it is long winded but incredibly rewarding. My last three cars but particularly my Superb and Octy vRS were clayed as soon as I brought them back from the garage after buying them so they were squeaky clean from day one.

The smooth finish is something else and washing and polishing after is a doddle. Well done:thumbup:

I just hate the way you make my Superb look dirty all the time.....and I'm a known detail freak where I live!!!:P

S4300238.jpg

S4300239.jpg

S4300237.jpg

Hope you dont mind...heres mine after a claying a few months back before the personal plates went on

:thumbup: A beauty as ever Mr B. Keeps us Superb owners in line!

I can highly recommend claying too. Granted it is long winded but incredibly rewarding. My last three cars but particularly my Superb and Octy vRS were clayed as soon as I brought them back from the garage after buying them so they were squeaky clean from day one.

The smooth finish is something else and washing and polishing after is a doddle. Well done:thumbup:

I just hate the way you make my Superb look dirty all the time.....and I'm a known detail freak where I live!!!:P

Hope you dont mind...heres mine after a claying a few months back before the personal plates went on

Your spot on with the claying mate....the deep blue paintwork looks super clean and reminds me that I must do the girlfriends Avant when the weather gets better!!

As usual, a credit to you! A mate of mine has just bought a Superb but I have

yet to see it :)

Thanks mate and hope to see your mate on this forum in the future then....