Tax - 0 days remaining :S

My tax runs out on the 30th (tomorrow) and I am waiting for a form to come through from DVLA so that I can re apply for disabled tax - due to the buggers sending a form to me which expired 2 months before the tax was up :confused:

Anywho, I need to get to work tomorrow so was wondering if its ok to drive if it ends on that day?

Also, will I have to declare the car off the road until I get the tax on it?:confused: (Obviously it will NOT be on the road while the tax has expired):thumbup:

Ta all;)

Fine to drive on the day it ends so no problem there.

With regards to the second they can now charge you if you do not reapply for a tax disc or declare the vehicle SORN, regardless to if it is driven without a tax disc (which is obviously illegal). Now I believe there is a period of grace before this happens (I think 14 days but dont quote me). I also believe that you can renew car tax at the post office without the dvla form but dont know about disabled side.

As to the fact it will be the dvla cockup no doubt they will still charge you as they are useless.

The tax place reckoned the form that I had to send back would get here by today if I plastered "IMPORTANT etc" on it but nothing arrived yet. I would think they would have to give a grace period too because I will have to declare it off the road after tomorrow but the form will be here by monday almost definatly - so by the time I get the car taxed it will have been declared as off the road which will probably cancel the tax :rofl:

Very confusing stuff this is :rofl:

There is no additional charge for a vehicle being re-taxed after SORN declared. You pay for 12 months you get 12 months, even if you have travelled around the world in between taxation.

And as of 1st January 2004 we have been in a state of "continuous" taxation.

This means there is no grace period, either the car is taxed, SORN or fined!!

(

My dad sorted it today for me. Apparantly there is a 14 day grace period for the Sorn application after tax has run out but I managed to get the form through and my dad popped to the post office today for me :thumbup:

Thank you everyone! :thumbup: :thumbup: :D

I've got a tax issue too - I have two vehicles (car and work van) and the tax ran out on both on Saturday. I renewed online last Friday (forgot about it until this point!) so they're both taxed, although I'm still driving them with expired tax discs as the new discs haven't turned up yet. Is this a problem?

Not if you have proof of purchase.

If the rozzers check the PNC it will show valid tax. And more importantly (?) the DVLA will know and not fine you.

Obviously if it fails to turn up at all you need to tell the DLVA, so they can cancel the tax disc floating around and send you a new one.

Surely there might be an issue with 'failure to display' though, which also an offence? No matter what a PNC or ANPR check comes back with. Say if a passing parking attendant spots it while you're parked on road or something?

While I'm sure you could appeal to any such action, with the aforementioned 'proof of purchase', it will no doubt be a hassle!

Fingers crossed the discs arrive sharpish :thumbup:

Steve