Biodeisel

Depends on how they make your bio. Do a google on it and it will all become clear ;)

Generally you can use something like v100 at 100% with no noticable side effects, although this will kill your fuel filter in under 10k. You don't really need any mods either just pour it in away to go!

Your manual however will state that only a 5% mix is recommended and if you have warranty you should adhere to this ;)

If you don't, knock yourself out. Each batch is a little different and will give you slightly differing results but don't expect any overall gains in power/economy. I have done the last 40k on various blends and it's just like using normal diesel (Which can also be a little inconsistant) except for maybe a few starting problems on a cold morning.

Also do a search on the site. There are a few users on here and some good discussions.

Do some proper research though. I have a mate who delivers for McD's apparently they have changed over. He said that the running joke is that the drivers are just waiting for their turn to break down. One every other day at one point. They have to get a recovery vehicle to drain the tank change the filter and put some replacement fuel in.

Best not; quite apart from a tendancy to plug filters, biodiesel has been implicated in a few failures of HP unit injectors and common rail injectors, and the associated pumps.

Biodiesel works fine in older diesels, like PSA XUDs with mechanical pumps and injectors. Biggest issue for them is white smoke on startup. (based on people I know who're running XUDs on biodiesel or veggie oil).

I run a 1999 T reg Octavia TDi estate and work as a courier for a finance company and have been using biodiesel for 2 months (about 10+ tanks)car runs great and I have had to change fuel filter as it became glogged up (the bio guys say this is normal as normal diesel leaves lots of deposits in fuel tank and pipes and bio cleans it out so they recommend changing the fuel filter when you have used your first 3-4 tanks)I changed my filter(20 min job)and have done another 4 tanks with no problems.P.S I save about

• 5 months later...