Baker21's Superb........two More Small / Slim Mods!!!

Although I have been thinking about selling the car I have still been doing a few more small mods that I have had on the cards for some time now but not got round to doing them.

Basically I have fitted a Slimline PS2 into the car, enabling the passengers to watch DVD's on long journey's through the DX Sat Nav unit and also I have shortened my current aerial to make it stubby, still retianing good radio reception.

Here are the pics and as always comments good or bad welcome:

DSC00229.jpg

DSC00228.jpg

DSC00230.jpg

DSC00231.jpg

DSC00234.jpg

DSC00227.jpg

DSC00236.jpg

DSC00232.jpg

DSC00233.jpg

DSC00237.jpg

Looks well!

Quick one though - whats going on with the double heated screen and ESP/ASR buttons...?

Get heated seats retrofitted and I'll buy the car! :D

Looks well!

Quick one though - whats going on with the double heated screen and ESP/ASR buttons...?

Get heated seats retrofitted and I'll buy the car! :D

Thanks mate.

Well I basically hate having blanking switches so looked at the parts available and bought some swithches to fill the gaps, LOL, I have even wired them up so they illuminate with the sidelights.

Wanted to buy some heated seat switches but at

Nice one,how did you get on with the sound?

It's only a problem when you turn the volume up loud but it still needs to be sorted.....anymore ideas?!?!?!

Is that an upgraded stereo Simon...my Comfort has a basic one in comparison to your beaut!!

Love the PS2 idea...makes good use of what is a junk cupboard in mine!!

It's the OEM Sat Nav DX unit, I purchased the unit some time ago from a friend in Poland (LOL!!) and fitted it myself, very simple but looks a whole lot better than having a single DIN Cassette unit and a drawer that you can't fit anything in IMO!!

You should source one for yours mate......it's not a bad unit for the price and like I said...easy to fit!!

Every single time, without fail, that I think it's time to change cars and sell my superb, I see a picture of yours and see all the possibilities (and expense), talking of which - and forgive me if you have done this before - what are all your mods and what have they all cost, or would it be too scary to realise what you have spent! What were you trying to achieve with them all and did you succeed. I was wondering if you find the Superb a bit soulless. It's a fantastic machine but in the same way that a dishwasher is, great thing to have but doesn't stir up any passion. Did the mods change your opinion of the car, or have you always loved it?

Every single time, without fail, that I think it's time to change cars and sell my superb, I see a picture of yours and see all the possibilities (and expense), talking of which - and forgive me if you have done this before - what are all your mods and what have they all cost, or would it be too scary to realise what you have spent! What were you trying to achieve with them all and did you succeed. I was wondering if you find the Superb a bit soulless. It's a fantastic machine but in the same way that a dishwasher is, great thing to have but doesn't stir up any passion. Did the mods change your opinion of the car, or have you always loved it?

You have raised some good points there Sam and I will try to answer them in turn....

The mods I have done are as follows:

Suspension

KW Variant 1 Coliovers - Approx -45mm Front and -40mm Rear -

It seems that you and I both bought our Superbs for very similar reasons, and had very similar opinions about them. It has also confirmed in my mind that whether I keep the car or not, I can't keep it as it is. At least that is one part of the puzzle in place, now, should I arm myself with my credit card and your mods list? Hmmm:confused:

It seems that you and I both bought our Superbs for very similar reasons, and had very similar opinions about them. It has also confirmed in my mind that whether I keep the car or not, I can't keep it as it is. At least that is one part of the puzzle in place, now, should I arm myself with my credit card and your mods list? Hmmm:confused:

Entirely up to you mate, entirely up to you......

Would you be interested in my suspension!?!?!?!?

I'm speechless, Ive never seen a Superb looking so amazing :thumbup:

Thanks for that mate......been on here a while and guess you haven't seen me / the Superb before...

If I hadn't just bought a flat with my girlfriend then I'd be banging at your door right now with a bag full of money :rofl: Just out of interest how much would you be looking for it?

That's fair enough mate I am still unsure to get rid of it myself at the moment.

Sent you a PM regarding price....

Car is looking great. Have just picked up a dvd player to hook up to the sat nav screen. What is the picture like? Did consider a double din wide screen but prefer the factory look. Mine is a taxi so didn't want to spend too much on it. It an elegance with full leather, sat nav etc. Only other mod is 35% tint from B pillar back.

Got it in january and have done 52000 miles so far!:eek:

Ben

Car is looking great. Have just picked up a dvd player to hook up to the sat nav screen. What is the picture like? Did consider a double din wide screen but prefer the factory look. Mine is a taxi so didn't want to spend too much on it. It an elegance with full leather, sat nav etc. Only other mod is 35% tint from B pillar back.

Got it in january and have done 52000 miles so far!:eek:

Ben

You should stick up some pics mate and maybe we should have a poll of how many Superb owner's Taxi their car?!?!

The picture quality is great but I am having a few issues with the sound, easy to install though and well worth it for the passengers....

Will post some pics when i get chance. Not too worried about fitting it. Got a mate doing it who is an Audi dedicated technichian which now cover VW and Skoda (Posh RAC man!!). Comes in very handy when you need VAG COM!

Only real problem I've had is that the colour (titan grey) shows all the scratches quite easily. Need to find a good polish.

Ben.

Will post some pics when i get chance. Not too worried about fitting it. Got a mate doing it who is an Audi dedicated technichian which now cover VW and Skoda (Posh RAC man!!). Comes in very handy when you need VAG COM!

Only real problem I've had is that the colour (titan grey) shows all the scratches quite easily. Need to find a good polish.

Ben.

Cracking colour Titan Grey....love it....I would get the clay bar on it mate and some good polish and a PC and you will have a perfect finish, have a look on A world for detailers... and you will find some suggestions. Cracking forum and I have been on there a while now!!

Baker, do you have any pics of the PS2 in action?

Would love to have a set up like that in my Octy.

car looks great by the way, dont sell it.

I will take some pics at work tomorrow mate and then upload them on no worries....

Thanks for the comment by the way!!

Even I'm tempted to buy this one...only because the mods are thee already. Be great to have a head turner like this mooching about on the Island:)

Fancy a swap Si!!

No Part Ex's I am afraid buddy not unless you are hiding a nicely modified Audi or VW somewhere over there on 'the island'......