fitting leather handbrake cover

ok, did a search on this but didnt find a great deal

got me a leather hadbrake cover for my fabia. managed to get the original plastic one off but it appears that this new cover dont fit. bought it on ebay and its in genuine skoda packaging with FFA 400 010 as the product number, which matches with the number in catalogue.

when you slip it on, the bottom seems to go back too far but not down enough (if u understand that)

any help would be appreciated

ta

If it's a genuine part, and it's intended for the Fabia, then there should be no problem. Is it a vRS one?

Some pictures of what you mean when you try to fit it would help.

Steve

I bought one of these, yep same problem, its that little clip on the bottom of the leaver that it seems to stick on.

I got mine on after a bit of tugging.

I found that the hand break had to be off or nearly off to heave it on,

because the back bit seems to over shoot and should go under the consol.

god knows how it will ever come off though seems to be quite a tight fit right snug up against the consol.

oo, wot sort of idea?? will do, will try get a pic on here later tonight

however, i did take the cover to jewson skoda in oxford and they couldnt understand why it didnt fit. all 4 guys (they were obviously very bored) tried to help by fitting it themselves and searching their system to see whther this one wud fit. however, after about 30mins of research etc they thought that maybe this isnt a fabia cover but maybe one for a superb or octavia and that it had been incorrectly packed.

anyway, i'll get a pic sorted soon

A silver cigarette lighter off ebay with the Skoda logo on to replace the original black plastic one would improve the look,it did on my saloon.I don't smoke but it looks better.

I've fitted two of these now and struggled with the same issues on both occasions, so I will also welcome any suggestions from Lummox.

I resorted to fitting packing at the bottom of the cover so that it bent the back end down and would then fit into the back of the slot in the console

Yep its as I thought it was (sorry for the late reply).

There are two different Fabia handbrake levers. The older one with the black button (which is no londer available) is kinked in the middle. The newer lever with a chrome button on the end is straight like the leather cover. Covers are not interchangeable and if you order a new lever which will come through as a straight one you also have to order a new cover as it wont fit, this is how I found this out.

Yep its as I thought it was (sorry for the late reply).

There are two different Fabia handbrake levers. The older one with the black button (which is no londer available) is kinked in the middle. The newer lever with a chrome button on the end is straight like the leather cover. Covers are not interchangeable and if you order a new lever which will come through as a straight one you also have to order a new cover as it wont fit, this is how I found this out.

i thought u had an idea on how to make it fit :(

• 3 months later...

Nooo no no, don't just give it a bloody good yank! Instead, get a small flat headed screwdriver and if you look under the cover there's a plastic T-shaped flap. Put the screwdriver head into this and pull it down whilst pulling the cover towards the dash!