vRS pedals

monkeychild

Not happy one of the rubber inserts on my Octy vRs's brake pedal has broke off :thumbdwn: not happy as I would expect that a car of 37K would have bog all pedal wear, I had a car with 105K on the clock and it's pedals where ok. So can you buy new inserts or is it new pedals if more decide to drop out :confused:

it cant be wear and tear, I am at 40k miles and is used in heavy traffic. hence lots of peddle pushing. They still look like new and the rubber shows no real sign of wear.

do the rubber inserts simply sit in a recess on the pedal or do they go right through like a gromet ??

you could glue it back on (if you still have it) assuming its a pad in a recess of course.

They are simply a rubber pedal cover like every other car I've owned:thumbdwn:....just with that bit of Alu stuck on for good measure. I would have thought they would have been metal which is screw/rivetted on. Mine fell off within weeks of having the car.....just teased them back on and have had no bother since.

Agree what is being said though......I can't see any wear on mine at all!!!

Well this my reply after going to the dealer (give or take on the words :))

"Skoda warranty department are really really tight!!! I would be very surprised if they changed it under warranty as they will just say it's wear and tear. We had a Fabia vRS come in missing a pedal and we tried to claim for it from SKoda and they rejected saynig get onto the garage that you got it from?????(WTF!!!)" My reply was "well I am not being funny, normal wear and tear will not make the rubber break off at less than 40K" his reply "I understand this but Skoda will put it down to the type of shoes you wear etc etc" I was not happy at all where is the so called Skoda afterservice?????? The guy even showed me the sheet from Skoda about the rejected pedal, I mean how messed up is that!!! And do you know how much one vRS pedal costs?????????

Why not give Skoda UK a ring and tell them how dissapointed you are.

Say that you thought they were trying shake off there 3rd rate image and treating customers like this is not the way to do it.

May work, worth a try !!!!

Bazzer