Octy vRS 18" Alloys

The Octy vRS with 18" Wheels as an option I believe comes with an 18" Steel Spare Wheel with the same size Tyre on it as the rest of the Car so 225/40/R18.

Is this correct?

Reason I ask is I don't want to order and get an 18" Alloy only to discover it will not fit in the Spare Wheel slot in the boot.

Thx

Thanks, do you think if I got an 18" Wheel and the 225/40 tyre it would fit in the spare wheel slot in the boot.

Just measured mine as I'm assuming the slot is the same in all model and with a 16" Wheel and a 205/55 Tyre there is just about an 1" available all the way round.

Would hate to get an 18" Zenith & Tyre for the spare only to find it won't fir in the Boot in the Spare space slot.

Just found a wheel & tyre calculator on the web and it shows a difference in diameters of only 5mm between the two sizes. So should be ok in theory.

The critical factor in this will be the width of the tyre/wheel not the diameter.

Remember the wheel will be lying on its side; you may finish up with a bump in your boot floor.

Mine has a 16" steelie with (I think) 205/55 16 tyre.

That is correct :thumbup: , however an 18" wheel with the correct size tyre will NOT fit in the boot well as the 225 profile will be too wide and protrude too far and disfigure the boot carpet :thumbdwn:

That is correct :thumbup: , however an 18" wheel with the correct size tyre will NOT fit in the boot well as the 225 profile will be too wide and protrude too far and disfigure the boot carpet :thumbdwn:

As I said; "you may finish up with a bump in your boot floor."

As to the Zenith on e-bay; not for me but got to be useful for someone just in case of ..... :eek:

PS> Give me