New Fabia and Roomster Safety Recall

killy

Hi I have just got a recall notice for my new fabia 3.

It says that the pin assignment may be interchanged in the wiring connector on the airbag control unit - This could lead to the wrong airbag going off on activation.

couldnt make it up could you.

just started a fortnights holiday - touring the uk in the car.

regards

Mike

• Like 1

:eek:

It's after hearing things like that I'm glad I've got good security here. If someone did come up the stairs one night I'd end up throwing one of my floorstanding speakers, lava lamp or desktop computer at them :rofl:

Has to be said though, life is more important than metal. Sounds like you were very lucky

Have you details of affected VIN's?

Or is my 2007 (april) made car safe?

Hi It says Skoda Roomster and Fabia2 - and for safety reasons to contact your dealer - the way I read it, if the plug is interchanged and you have a bump, the passenger airbag will go off. ouch!!!

I suggest that you ring your dealer to make sure.

Regards

Mike

• Like 1

yea my mother had the recall done on her roomster, they said it was a left-hand drive right hand drive issue and it was only a matter of flicking a switch the other way. the switch is located behind the dash clocks and it only took them a min or two.

they explained that if you crashed you airbag would go off on the wrong side

• 1 year later...
Hi I have just got a recall notice for my new fabia 3.

It says that the pin assignment may be interchanged in the wiring connector on the airbag control unit - This could lead to the wrong airbag going off on activation.

couldnt make it up could you.

just started a fortnights holiday - touring the uk in the car.

regards

Mike

LMAO that saying is my favourite.... You Couldn't Make It Up !!!! Lmao

• 6 months later...

When I got my 04 Fabia heard a few tales about recalls etc ,so rang Skoda UK find out where to ask .All they needed was reg no to tell me it had everything done .Might be worth a call .

• 3 years later...
  • ColinD unpinned this topic