Opinions on Flamenco Red

I personally like the colour but if you are considering keeping the car for several years it may loose it's gloss, turning a matt colour.A reputable polish will bring it back, but the matt finish will return(unless someone knows different).

I personally like the colour but if you are considering keeping the car for several years it may loose it's gloss, turning a matt colour.A reputable polish will bring it back, but the matt finish will return(unless someone knows different).

thanks - I thought this just happened on solid red cars, the flamenco is metallic, intereting point though, hope someone has some info.

You got any pictures? Not sure I know exactly which shade this is.

Fading on red cars is a bit of a misconception these days I feel too, with the advancements in paint clear coats. A problem in the past certainly, but so much now.

Whether a metallic or solid paint, the strength and thickness of the clearcoat should be the same.

I would still recommend polishing and waxing to keep it in good condition, but that would be my advice whatever the colour :)

Steve

Nice colour. Very similar to a Fiat I had about 7 years ago. I had that car for 5 years with no issues with the paint fading or losing its shine (was also a metallic paint). I would not say I was the most avid cleaner/waxer of cars but I do try and do it every couple of months. So I would agree with the above that the fading of red cars is something of a myth now.

I like the colour and it makes a change from all the silver and black cars out there, so should be easier to find in a car park.

A friend of mine has an Octavia 4x4 estate in this colour. When washed it looks really smart but dirty looks quite dull. Would I buy a car in this colour probably yes espc. if it's at the right price. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I've taken delivery of an Elegance Hatchback in Flamenco Red and think it looks really good. It has a great lustre on it and I am sure with the right care and attention I can get it to last. Currently deciding on whether to use Autoglym or Meguiars! A bit early yet though!

Currently deciding on whether to use Autoglym or Meguiars! A bit early yet though!

Depends which products you're thinking of? What would you be trying to achieve? Just generally keeping the car clean?

Steve

Currently deciding on whether to use Autoglym or Meguiars! A bit early yet though!
For me Meguiars anyday - autoglym is a very mild cutting compound

You need to use the Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection as it doesn't cut the paintwork but acts as an additional layer. Make sure the car is really clean, paying particular attention to removing tar, tree sap and insect remains. Polish with your regular polish and then apply the Extra Gloss Protection.

If possible leave it overnight (in a garage unless you know it's going to be dry overnight), polish off then reapply and leave again.

The result is excellent, with a really deep gloss shine to the paintwork that will last for ages. It also seems to reduce the effect of insects remains and makes it easy to wash.

For anyone interested, here's a few pics of my Flamenco Red Combi - wasn't sure at first, but its growing on me, especially because you don't see that many of them around.

:)

I like that, something a bit different. Would have to be a little lower, with bigger wheels - but maybe that's just me :P

Steve

Funny enough I saw a 07 combi in this colour with the nice 17" pegs on. :thumbup:

Looked like an elegance spec.