Flashing Glow Plug Warning Light

ady

Problem started around 4 weeks ago. The car drives fine below 1500 rpm and over 2500 rpm but in between it sometimes runs light crap, the symptoms are as though the engine shuts down for a split second.

Took it to dealers when it first started and they said it was an intermitant fault on the needle lift sensor on no3 injector but the part was on back order for around 2months so i had one shipped over from berlin, fitted it and put the car back on the road last wednesday but come friday night it started doing the same. I can return the part thats not a problem but the problem is no one knows what the problem is. Ive replaced all the vacuum hoses as some of them were looking a bit ropey and checked for loose electrical connections, brake lights, oil level etc.

As im going to trax in a few weeks im rapidly running out of time.

Any help or suggestions would be appriciated.

Thanks

yea fault code is P1246

description was needle lift sensor intermitant fault

currently checking for any breaks in wires

after checking wiring visibl everything seemed fine, then decided to check current with meter and found a break in a cable fom the sensor, repaired that so will see how it goes.

after repairing the broken wire as described earlier i went out for a drive the drive somehow took me about 2hrs but all seems good will get the light taken out and see wot happens, failing that i will leave it another illuminated warning light to go with the existing one wont hurt.

• 2 months later...