Automatic question ??

abyss113

Ok I have a Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI and having a slight problem with the gearbox and was thinking of replacing the box altoghether and i have been told that other models will fit in the skoda since i have found another gearbox i was wondering if anyone can confirm or not if this gear box would fit or not :)

its from an audi A3 TDI automatic and since its my first diesel auto can anyone tell me where to find the gearbox numbers thanks in advance

The gearbox code should be given on the big sticker in the boot, and in your owner's manual. As you've not said which tune either engine is in, and the gearbox and final drive vary with the tune, we'll not can help further just yet.

If you dont know what your car is phone Audi and give them the VIN, they will be able to tell from that what state of tune your tdi is.

dont always trust the badges on the badge sometimes people change them for ones with the red T and D and I

• 4 weeks later...