Car wants another service after only 4k!

Hello!

My car (Mk1 Octy TDI) had its supermegabreakyourbank 60k service roughly nine months ago, at 65k. The car is now just over 69k and is now telling me it wants another service in 1000 miles time!

Has the stealer screwed it up (probably, they wrote the wrong expected mileage for the next service on my schedule initially until I queried it and they hastily scribbled the right one down) or is this a sign that something could be going wrong/wearing out already?

On an unrelated topic, would the dealer charge over the odds for a tiny bit of bodywork (popping a dent back out) compared to a local bodyshop? Only, if I'm taking it in for one thing, might as well get the other done as well, y'know.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, it's on variable service

I wouldn't put it past them, they've been pretty hopeless at best. Staff are friendly and all, but I've had to go back several times to get little niggles like this fixed (Griffin Mill in Pontypridd).

I shall make an appointment forthwith, and advise I don't intend to pay anything for their fixing the service interval.

Ta!

It was on variable service when it came due for (and asked for) me to go in for the 60k service.

I've submitted details of the dent (and the numerous other stonechips the car has accrued over the years!) to Chips Away as if someone will come round and sort it all on the spot I'd be very happy indeed! Never heard of them before, thanks for that!