Felicia charging system.

Hi all,

I'm in a fix as on Wednesday my Felicia started to play up. The battery light came on and them a day later there wasn't enough charge to turn the engine over. I replaced the battery not knowing that the warning light is actually for the alternator. Needless to say the battery light stayed on and 24 hours after replacing the battery it was dead again. the RAC checked the alternator and found it to only be outputting 10 volts. So a new one was needed.

Today I bought a completely refurbed alternator and put it on. Dead simple and from a shop that was half the price of anywhere else. As soon as I put it on the warning light went off. I have checked the wiring and they are all making good contact but......

I had the car running for an hour - taking it up the road, but as it was night, also leaving it stationary without lights on with a few revs on. After 12 miles of running I turned it off and then tried to start it again. Not even a click from the starter motor and the start-up warning lights were only just lit. One thing I noticed when I was driving was that the dash board lights were flickering a little. Also the radio wouldn't come on when I tried it.

Is it just that because the battery was completely dead and run for a day with a dodgy alternator, that it is now knackered or could it be something else.

Please only advise if you have a reliable theory :thumbup:

Cheers,

Mike