Owners Manual correct?

Hi All.

Mine's a 2005 A5 Octavia Combi 140 TD.

A lot of the instruction book seems to relate to versions with a different liquid crystal info display; the one between the rev counter and speedo.

I realise there are different spec levels etc., and the pic on the front is definitely an A5, but nowhere can I find an illustration of my info display. The functions are all there, but depicted differently.

Have I somehow been fobbed off with an inappropriate manual?

Cheers - Doug

Depends whether you've got the Maxi-Dot option or not. The manual seems to show most of the options as displayed on the maxidot.

If you've got the other model (the one with the green backlit display at the top half and all the warning lights at the bottom), then this explains your issue.

The standard trip computer is an LCD affair, there is an upgraded display called MaxiDot which is optional except on the L&K. They are most likely referring to that in the manual as it can display complex text and icons over the standard display.

As far as I know there is only one UK variant manual.

Hi All.

Mine's a 2005 A5 Octavia Combi 140 TD.

A lot of the instruction book seems to relate to versions with a different liquid crystal info display; the one between the rev counter and speedo.

I realise there are different spec levels etc., and the pic on the front is definitely an A5, but nowhere can I find an illustration of my info display. The functions are all there, but depicted differently.

Have I somehow been fobbed off with an inappropriate manual?

Cheers - Doug

Seems that your manuals refer to MaxiDot, and it looks like you don't have one.

When reading the manual, look out for an asterisk after the heading - the asterisk tells you this is an optional extra which, if you haven't bought one of the higher models or asked for anything special, probably means you haven't got it.

• Like 1

• 8 years later...