Raging

national

Ok Decron, hope I didn't cause any offence, it's just we seem to get a lot of abuse 'cause of the car my dad drives... I didn't quite understand what you were trying to say but now i read it again it makes more sense. I guess I shouldn't have dropped my English A-level.... lol

I'd wait until the guy in the RR comes back again and get his reg number, then let your insurance company know? Would that work?

As others have said, set your insurance companies solicitors on him......

the whole story is just another indication of our sick country....... When I started working for BSM years ago, one of my pupils knocked someones wingmirror off.... our wingmirror was undamaged.... we stopped, picked his wingmirror up, went and knocked on his door and explained....

he went round to the office the following morning, and the manager wrote him a cheque for a new wingmirror....

THAT's how it should be........

You've got a witness though haven't you mate? The neighbour who saw the RR reverse into your car and the guy get out and look at the damage before taking off? Statement from him and you're laughing. Is there any blue paint from the RR on your car? A forensic test should match it up exactly to his vehicle if it was his vehicle that hit you. As for your experience with the po po - sorry to hear about that - I'm a cop myself and I'd have taken a bit more interest if I'd been out to see you. If the cops fail to do anything at the very least you need to speak to your insurance company in relation to the vehicle that you believe has damaged your motor.

just inform the insurance and ring the police again and ask them why they arent taking more interest in a offence?

then maybe get onto the local press im sure they would love a tasty little story like that :D

if he comes back i would get some pics of his car. any paint damage and damage from underneath etc. then i would go and have a chat with him. explain he was seen doing the deed (dont say who though!) and that the police and insurance have been informed and you have evidence of his car having damage. see what happens then :)

i had someone hit my car after 2 weeks of owning it. after another 3 years of ownership i still have the dent. i cant afford to fix it, nor find another boot lid with a spoiler to swop over. the idiot was driving a freelander, as it was parked across the carpark and i had the very same paint on my car. but no one saw it and the cctv wasnt pointing at my car. and of course the police didnt care! :(

hope you get it sorted though

The police were fine, but legally their hands were tied, my witness saw it happen. Did not get the registration number, but knows it is the big dark blue RR that visits the street several times a month. I know the RR too, it is the arrogant ******* that drives along the grass churning it up so he does not have to walk the 100 yards to his "rented to polish immigrants" property

I am waiting my time for his next visit, though I will not confront him, I will get photographic proof of the yellow paint on the back of his vehicle

Then state he is on cctv examining the damage and driving off

does he

A. Want to provide insurance details as I have waited for him to return and not informed the police, of an illegal act of leaving the scene of an accident

B, Want to pay my excess, and loss of no claims bonus

C, Want to report it to the police himself

D, Not inform him that he is about to get a good ****ing some dark night and his RR Trashed

I am so angry because I am old, I left a company after thirty years, who have "LOST" my pension, and when I left caused so much hassle, with providing proof of driving 1.5 Million miles accident free, that I just started up as a newly insured driver, built up three years no claims and this man (sorry worm) has totally destroyed it all for me

I have to pay the excess, and lose my no claims whilst he sits in his big RR collecting rents and my Furby VRS will never be new now

I am sat here so angry, I do not want to get myself into serious bother by remonstrating with him, because I know it will all end in tears, and I the innocent party the one in jail

The police well I am the one they love, over sixty and totally obedient, They can not check the blue RR out for the damage and covered in yellow matching paint, but they can check my insurance tax disk, and enquire when I last drove and did I take a drink

I was at the coach works this afternoon, they will complete the work, and are to give me a date (the car is now driveable though I am not happy to drive with in my opinion dodgy lights)

New bumper, grill, crossmember, they reckon the bonnet will fit correctly when new crossmember is fitted ? some spray paint, and I will be given a micro for the three days they have it

(should I retrieve the vrs badge before they take it or will the new grill have it on?)

Cheers all for listening to my RANT

National aka Jimbo

The police were fine, but legally their hands were tied, my witness saw it happen. Did not get the registration number, but knows it is the big dark blue RR that visits the street several times a month. I know the RR too, it is the arrogant ******* that drives along the grass churning it up so he does not have to walk the 100 yards to his "rented to polish immigrants" property

I am waiting my time for his next visit, though I will not confront him, I will get photographic proof of the yellow paint on the back of his vehicle

Then state he is on cctv examining the damage and driving off

does he

A. Want to provide insurance details as I have waited for him to return and not informed the police, of an illegal act of leaving the scene of an accident

B, Want to pay my excess, and loss of no claims bonus

C, Want to report it to the police himself

D, Not inform him that he is about to get a good ****ing some dark night and his RR Trashed

I am so angry because I am old, I left a company after thirty years, who have "LOST" my pension, and when I left caused so much hassle, with providing proof of driving 1.5 Million miles accident free, that I just started up as a newly insured driver, built up three years no claims and this man (sorry worm) has totally destroyed it all for me

I have to pay the excess, and lose my no claims whilst he sits in his big RR collecting rents and my Furby VRS will never be new now

I am sat here so angry, I do not want to get myself into serious bother by remonstrating with him, because I know it will all end in tears, and I the innocent party the one in jail

The police well I am the one they love, over sixty and totally obedient, They can not check the blue RR out for the damage and covered in yellow matching paint, but they can check my insurance tax disk, and enquire when I last drove and did I take a drink

I was at the coach works this afternoon, they will complete the work, and are to give me a date (the car is now driveable though I am not happy to drive with in my opinion dodgy lights)

New bumper, grill, crossmember, they reckon the bonnet will fit correctly when new crossmember is fitted ? some spray paint, and I will be given a micro for the three days they have it

(should I retrieve the vrs badge before they take it or will the new grill have it on?)

Cheers all for listening to my RANT

National aka Jimbo

I know it's hard , but try not to let it stress you too much.... the world is full of idiots like the RR dude..... but its also full of people like us, who are willing to help, don't let some fat git in a RR ruin your year....... :thumbup: try to keep smiling....

I know it's hard , but try not to let it stress you too much.... the world is full of idiots like the RR dude..... but its also full of people like us, who are willing to help, don't let some fat git in a RR ruin your year....... :thumbup: try to keep smiling....

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Are you really over 60?!?!?! This is an awesome post!

Joking apart, I'd say you have a good case and it's a great idea to confront this fat beaut with any evidence you can get your hands on. If he knows what he's done though, chances are he'll remove all telltale traces of paint from his vehicle, so ensure you get some paint from your one which will hopefully be able to be matched up. I'm surprised the police didn't take a statement from your neighbour who saw the incident - he is the key to this, I'd say. Is there cctv of the incident or are you just going to tell him that there is? It might be an idea to check if any of your neighbours have cameras outside their property just to be sure. To be brutally honest, RTC's, especially ones such as these are a real ballache for the police - they take up a lot of valuable time, generally go nowhere and you don't get anything (ie - an all important 'detection', which acts as a performance indicator) out of them. As for them asking when you last drove or if you had had a drink - that is absolute crap and I can't understand why they would ask you that, as it's irrelevant.

As for the vRS badge - retrieve it, just in case it ain't on your new grille!

Only over sixty, with a bright yellow VRS :-)

Sixty going on twentyfive

There was no cctv, but he would not know what was on the blank CD

Thus he might think he is about to be prosecuted for leaving the scene of an accident, provide his insurance, If off course he has any, or pay my bills

Two of which I would accept, insurance or police, if I was to take his cash offer then he is either not insured and needs taking off the road anyway, or has done it before and is about to uninsurable (a bit of tin this week, one of the children playing in the street next)

Oh well I am out of pocket, and my Furby will never be new again, but at least no one hurt Yet!

National

They did take a statement from my neighbour